Flooding @ Islands Flooding @ Islands Flooding @ Islands Flooding @ Islands

Default Flooding @ Islands

Looks like a some flooding is occurring from this NE blow.Some neighbors have kept is informed about flooding occurring at our lake house in Catawba today.Street is impassable and water may have gotten into our place according to our neighbor.Last time our place got water was in the 80s.So its a bad one.People that don't have floating docks had better check on your boats as the water level rose.Still have significant NE wind Forcast through the night into tomorrow evening too.

Default Re: Flooding @ Islands

My buddy Tom ,who has a place on Johnson island was lucky to not lose his boat today.Arrived just in time as the rapid rise of water was causing boat drift off lift. Was able to jump in boat and drive it to quarry marina.His neighbor was not so lucky.Boat came off lift and drifted onto rocks.The two did their best to get it off the rocks but wind too strong and boat sank.They both were able to save the jet skis though.Dock got rearranged by high water too.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Been in Toledo area Friday. Word from Port Clinton and South Bass Island is this is as bad as anyone has seen it. Kelleys Island also. Toledo Maumee River / Maumee Bay / west end of Lake marinas all big problems. I drove up from Columbus Friday morning. Not much wind just some rain until I hit Findlay, and then within a few short miles it turned windy and misty rain.

Perrysburg Boat Club river wall had water right up to the top, not quite over. The river is usually about 4+ feet below the top. That's all the way up the river as far as you can go with Lake water level.

The Lake is going to be mixed up bad and the fishing will probably take a few days to recover. Plus the 47-48 degree air temps with wind will probably lower the water temperature a degree or two in the Western Basin. Me, I wouldn't even think of fishing until Sunday afternoon. Monday will probably be the first day with any reasonable success. Winds forecast to continue out of the NE all day today and Sunday even when they decrease to under 15mph on Sunday afternoon.

Well we had two weeks / weekends of calm July like weather. I figured we'd pay for that sooner or later.

Sorry to hear about your friends neighbors boat. That is the main reason I trailer mine...fear of dock damage and storm damage. Bottom scum is another reason.

When they use the lifts they don't tie a line on the boat.I'm not sure If you should also tie some lines to lift in a bad storm.But seams to be a good idea.Do anybody here tie their boats to lifts during bad storms?

We did get an inch of water in our lake house.Cleaning up things today.