Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021 Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021 Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021 Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021

Default Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021

I went to bed at 5:30 yesterday, and turned the TV off at 6:30, and set the alarm for 2:30. That was the plan anyway, but I ended up waking up at 1:45, and was fully awake, so......I got up. I did the usual routine, that most of you that read my blog regularly will know already. For those that are new here, it usually involves topping off the gas tank in the boat and icing up the cooler for the day's adventure.

I met my crew at 5:15. Tony and Julie Lalli, and their friend, Dale, who happen to be local residents over there in Marblehead, were right on time. We were on our way out of the launch site by 5:30. (The sky is much lighter at 5:30 now, than it was last week, so that's a good thing.)

We hit the same area that I can't tell anyone about, because of how small the area is, and the fact that I have other Capt friends that are also fishing there, so to keep the crowds down, we are all in agreement not to share that info. Sorry! It's been a good spot, but it's only going to take so much pressure. I hope you understand...

Flicker Minnows were the bait of choice once again, and put a 4-person limit in the boat this morning. It was slower than previous days, but they were still biting on the Flicker's (number 11's). Color didn't seem to matter....I used whites, blues, purples, and greens....and, they all got hit. Speed was all over the place too. Some wanted it faster, as high as 2.2mph, and some wanted it as slow as 1.5mph.

My crew for tomorrow reschedule to another date. So, I'm off tomorrow....and, basically all week. Monday was a scheduled "Off Day", and my Tuesday through Friday guys from Wisconsin saw the forecast for big winds Wed-Friday, and will be rescheduling too... unless the forecast somehow changes by tomorrow night, when they need to know by before they drive down here. I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to drive 7 hours, pay for lodging, just to sit on shore 3 out of the 4 days. They also had two days scheduled in June, so hopefully, Mother Nature will get her freak'n act together and straighten out. Fingers crossed!

I think Capt's Jenn and Matt, and I, will be going out after they get done with their charter tomorrow, so I can scout new spots and try to catch some walleye for the Eagles over at "Back to the Wild" rehabilitation center.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021-tony-julie-dale-5-21-20211-jpg Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021-tony-julie-dale-5-21-20212-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    I went to bed at 5:30 yesterday, and turned the TV off at 6:30, and set the alarm for 2:30. That was the plan anyway, but I ended up waking up at 1:45, and was fully awake, so......I got up. I did the usual routine, that most of you that read my blog regularly will know already. For those that are new here, it usually involves topping off the gas tank in the boat and icing up the cooler for the day's adventure.

I met my crew at 5:15. Tony and Julie Lalli, and their friend, Dale, who happen to be local residents over there in Marblehead, were right on time. We were on our way out of the launch site by 5:30. (The sky is much lighter at 5:30 now, than it was last week, so that's a good thing.)

We hit the same area that I can't tell anyone about, because of how small the area is, and the fact that I have other Capt friends that are also fishing there, so to keep the crowds down, we are all in agreement not to share that info. Sorry! It's been a good spot, but it's only going to take so much pressure. I hope you understand...

Flicker Minnows were the bait of choice once again, and put a 4-person limit in the boat this morning. It was slower than previous days, but they were still biting on the Flicker's (number 11's). Color didn't seem to matter....I used whites, blues, purples, and greens....and, they all got hit. Speed was all over the place too. Some wanted it faster, as high as 2.2mph, and some wanted it as slow as 1.5mph.

My crew for tomorrow reschedule to another date. So, I'm off tomorrow....and, basically all week. Monday was a scheduled "Off Day", and my Tuesday through Friday guys from Wisconsin saw the forecast for big winds Wed-Friday, and will be rescheduling too... unless the forecast somehow changes by tomorrow night, when they need to know by before they drive down here. I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to drive 7 hours, pay for lodging, just to sit on shore 3 out of the 4 days. They also had two days scheduled in June, so hopefully, Mother Nature will get her freak'n act together and straighten out. Fingers crossed!

I think Capt's Jenn and Matt, and I, will be going out after they get done with their charter tomorrow, so I can scout new spots and try to catch some walleye for the Eagles over at "Back to the Wild" rehabilitation center.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Hi Capt. Juls! I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. If I could ever remember my password and username I'd reply more often. Hopefully I have it saved now. God bless you and thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Fishing with Tony, Julie, and Dale 5/22/2021

Another great report. Thank you for all the info you teach us.