RS Nets RS Nets RS Nets RS Nets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS Nets

Default Re: RS Nets

You spray it on just like a coat of paint. The whole can has 11 oz of contents so it adds about 1 or 2 ounces to the net. It makes a thin coating on the fiber. Works well for me.

Blog Entries

I got a Promar on ebay, have had it for about 4 yrs. and it is still in excellent shape. not sure on size, you will have to measure the hoop on yours and go from there.
    Last edited by bobj; 05-24-2021 at 08:21 AM.

I ordered the Promar RN-628. It should fit...I think. Oh, and a new supply of #4 and #6 EWG trebles to replenish my supply lost to the original net.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR1 View Post
    Has anyone replaced the net on a RS Net 'Kelly's Island' model with an all rubber bag? I like the sturdiness of the RS handle and hoop, but I'm so tired of ruining hooks that go through the net material. I must have replaced a half dozen trebles on Friday.
    Get a rubber net, you won't regret it. If you're running baits with multiple treble hooks you need a rubber net. I had an old rubber net, thought it was too hard too to pull through the water and too shallow so fish could jump out. Tried several nets including vinyl coated, they still tangled up bad. Got a new Ranger rubber net
    and it's great, no terrible tangles. The new rubber nets are not hard to pull through the water and have deep enough bags so fish don't jump out.

Thought RS nets had to be sent in to get a bag replacement. Please detail if you were successful in the rubber swap out. I would be interested in doing the same as some of my loops have broken

Blog Entries

I should mention that I had to drill out the rivets holding my hoop to the telescoping handle. After stretching and wiggling the new rubber net around the hoop, I used pop rivets to put it back together with the handle. Very easy switch.

Looks like mine is held together with roll pins. I'll update this as I make the change.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

The Promar RN-628 works as far as fitting the Kelly's Island hoop. I had to drill out one roll pin to install the new bag. I went the extra step to tap the hole and add a 1/4"-20x3/4" bolt in case I want to change the bag down the road. On the negative side the hoop went from 2lbs to 4lbs. I'll have to see how it handles later this week.

RS Nets-rs_rubber-jpg
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio