Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Maumee Bay Report

Went yesterday. The water was very clean. Looks like a great weekend ahead. The active biters are in tight pods so electronics or visual markers are a must. Medium size standard eyes. 17-19 inch males

walleyewacker Guest

Are you bragging about "standard" size eyes????

Post Thanks / Like

hes braggin about the good eating ones..........you can keep the big ones.... we have been doing okay out between turtle and the harbor light. Bite seems better out in front of Turtle creek, everybodys catching them down there..........
    Last edited by Firetiger; 04-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.

jkrenkel Guest

WalleyeWhacker, If your posts are so true, POST PICS. I would like to see what 30 25" to 32" fish look like on the big board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Wally Wacker

Unlike you, Jig wasn't bragging; he was giving an honest report of what was going on in a specific area of the lake for the benefit of others (thanks Jig). Most "responsible" fisherman I know don't keep the fish you are bragging about keeping. They practice catch and release of the big females so we have fish in the future besides the fact they aren't as good eating. Reading your last three posts you and your so called 5-6 "fishing partners" have limited out three days in a row keeping the fish we need to spawn. In my opinion, it is irresponsible and very unsportsmanlike (what's the possession limit again)?

walleyewacker Guest

Default True Blue

There are no "possesion limit" on fish unlike say ducks or geese. you are allowed 1 daily limit/day. I can have as many fish as I want in my freezer, which if you catch them like me, you fill quickly. If the state was concerned about keeping "spawnwers" wouldn't they have restrictions? The DNR always has the resources best intrest at heart. They say keeping big fish has no bearing on overall numbers. By the way, another limit today, back at the railroad bridge in Sandusky bay. The big lake was to rough this morning even for the Walleyewacker III. I will have a fish fry for all of you who cannot catch fish, and then say keeping big fish, which is my daily limit set by the DNR unsportsman like. If you caught a big limit like we have been, trust me, you would keep them. The big ones are just as good eating as the little ones you catch, just more of them to eat. Fill tose freezer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ease off

Wacker - You can lay off slamming the guys on this board like Jiginitis. I agree with previous poster - show us the pictures. If you're truly taking 6-man limits of 30-inch plus fish you're pounding the resource too hard. Take them after they spawn. You're going to get people calling BS on you if you post day after day after day that you're limiting everywhere you fish in every weather condition and no one else is doing it. Getting a bit hard to believe. Just let us know what marina you run out of and we'll all come by to see your results tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's wacken something else

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Can't wait!!!!!!

Hay Guys
    Don't you think the walleyewacker should enter the FLW tourney next week.
    By the sounds of things he will be an instant winner. I also would love to see a 32" walleye. If she was full of eggs i would release her if i caught her after the spawn she would be on my wall. Looking forward to next week, I will be at the final wieght in for the FLW. Can't wait to get the RV and boat up thier for the season. Then maybe I can have some of these walleyes in my freezer.
    Keep up all the real reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye

looks like there may be some big hogs around sandusky bay railroad bridge i would like to try that walleyewacker are you fishing from shore or boat some guys catch fish some do not seen fishing erie for 35 years have boat had days that i caught 50 fish by myself days i get skunked but we always just keep our limit and release all females full of eggs you can say what you want but a 16-20 inch jack is the best eating fish in the lake the big ones get the red mud vain down the middle you can zipper most of it out but then you waste a lot of meat let them go take a picture they are really fun to catch but if you are in the fish just keep enough to eat and maybe save some for the frezzer but let them spawn and just keep the jacks our walleye population is going down we may be looking at a 2 fish limit in 2010 and we all need to do our part if we want our kids and grand kids to catch a hog or 2 i hear they maybe putting a 18-19 inch size limit in 2010 so all fish will spawn at least once the 2003 hatch will be gone soon and besides 2007 most of the spawn years have been low to none. lets all do our part so we can enjoy the lake in years to come. this is my opinion