East Harbor State Park area's East Harbor State Park area's East Harbor State Park area's East Harbor State Park area's

Default East Harbor State Park area's

Good morning fisherman n ladies , was coming up to east harbor state park memorial weekend and was going to take grandkids out perch jerking , was going to launch out of parks ramps , was needing a little info were to head , to start searching , and possibly some walleye trolling , but perch first to keep youngsters busy if possible. 21 ft boat , Thanks in advance for any info , live today , tomorrow's not promised .

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Re: East Harbor State Park area's

Memorial Day Weekend boat traffic will be bad, probably even worse than usual if the weather is nice, because of the lessening of the Covid restrictions. Most perch fishing areas will be subject to a lot of boat wake. You might want to rethink anchoring in those traditional perch areas (say G can, east side of the Camp Perry range) with small children. The boat wakes will give your 21 foot boat an almost constant roll.

Maybe head up 8-10 miles North, out around Middle Bass Island or North of Kelleys, to get away from most of the boat traffic. Or head out in the evening after the daytime crowd is back in.

Good luck, some others on here will have some other suggestions.

Default Re: East Harbor State Park area's

My family has been at East Harbor for Memorial weekend many years and launch out of the park. I am always in the same situation with keeping the kids busy. I have found that if I just go straight out of park toward southwest corner of Kelly’s about half way and just drift fish Erie dearies they catch everything the lake has to offer. Make sure you take plenty of night crawlers and pinch them in half or you will be out fast.