Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021 Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021 Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021 Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021

Default Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021

This morning, my crew had one change up. Ty stayed on shore to take his Mom to breakfast, and his Dad Jeff took his place in the boat today.

Dexter, my dog, wasn't happy to see me leaving at 4am, but I wanted to top off the boat with gas, and get ice for the cooler, before heading over to Catawba to ready the boat, and change some baits, before my crew showed up.

It was still dark out at 5am, when they showed up. The kind of dark that would make it impossible to see the Off Shore boards out there without lights on them.I said, "We'll take a slow ride up there, because we won't be able to see the boards anyway"....and, that's what we did.

We set up two Spros and two Bandits on the starboard side and (4) #11 Flicker Minnows on the port side. Best color Spros were Golden Perch and Blue/Chrome. Best Flicker Minnows were Flashy Chartreuse, Flashy Pearl, and Blue Shiner.
    Leads were the same on both sides.....40-60 back at a speed of 1.7-1.8mph...with a lot of "S-Turns" thrown in. Some came os tthe slow side and some came on the fast side, on both sides, so I think it was just the S-Turns getting reactions, and not really a critical speed thing. Some were barely hooked and some tried to swallow the bait too.

After we had their three-man limit, Jeff, who is older, wanted to go in, due to being chilly...and, the fact that they mentioned that they didn't have the freezer space for all the fish they've caught this weekend. Jeff turned to me and asks, "It won't upset you if we go in early, will it?" I just smiled and said, "Do I look upset? My dog will be very happy to have me home early." So, we came in at 8:30.

It's kind of nice, I got to go fishing and have some fun, and I have time to clean the boat, cut the grass, walk the dog, and get ready for tomorrow's trip with Chris Wise and his crew, before I hit the hay at 7pm.

Same bat time and same bat channel tomorrow.....

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021-jeff-jacob-david-5-15-20211-jpg Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021-jeff-jacob-david-5-15-20213-jpg Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021-jeff-jacob-david-5-15-20214-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021

Hmmm... I always wondered how early you went to bed since you're up and at 'em so early each morning- now I know

Default Re: Fishing with Ty's Dad Jeff, Jacob, and David 5/16/2021

Quote Originally Posted by 350Industrial View Post
    Hmmm... I always wondered how early you went to bed since you're up and at 'em so early each morning- now I know
    Yup...I have no social life...I'm a boring gal, who likes her routine.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters