Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question

Default Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question

When everyone says they're trolling bandits and at "X" feet back, is everyone using the Deep or Shallow versions? Obviously could be a pretty big difference in trolling depth depending on the version of bandit. Thanks

Default Re: Bandit Deep vs Shallow Depth Question

They are using the deep version bandits when they post bandit leads.I don't even own a single shallow bandit.

Thanks Bob.

Follow up question, I see the precision trolling app has options for both braid and monofilament line setups. My set ups are braid backing tied to a 10 ft or so monofilament leader.

Am I just screwing myself having a combination of lines or is there a way to know how that combination is affecting my actual lure depth.

There is a bit of a difference of opinion between trollers,if you even need a leader for trolling cranks.Some of the best fishermen on these sites run their Hi Vis braid or mono right to their cranks.But if you were trying to find depth of lure,just look under the braid lead and include that 10ft of leader to total lead.There is no chart i know of that calculates depth with combined braid and mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrack34 View Post
    Thanks Bob.

Follow up question, I see the precision trolling app has options for both braid and monofilament line setups. My set ups are braid backing tied to a 10 ft or so monofilament leader.

Am I just screwing myself having a combination of lines or is there a way to know how that combination is affecting my actual lure depth.
    A length of mono leader is not going to change anything. I run leaders on braid and do not factor them into the equation.