5/1 Weekend 5/1 Weekend 5/1 Weekend 5/1 Weekend

Thread: 5/1 Weekend

Default 5/1 Weekend

I’m going to be making a trip to Port Clinton this weekend. Is anybody willing to give me some locations where the bite has been good? I will be trolling and it’s about a 4 hour drive so I would appreciate any help putting me on some fish.

Thanks

Default Re: 5/1 Weekend

This was viewed almost 1500 times and nobody has any advice. Come on people. There are 150 million walleye in Lake Erie we can help each other have successful fishing trips. There’s plenty to go around.

I would look at reports... Then look at a hotspots map and pick out some structure... It’s kinda early I would start west of Kelly’s or west of south bass..

If that don’t work play monkey see monkey do

10-4 cant wait to get back out!

At least around the Maumee mouth/ lighthouse the wave report isn’t great Friday- Sunday. Best to hope for is 1-3 on Saturday.

i would start in the Green and Rattlesnake islands area

Thanks for the info. Live in Carolina and hate to make the drive if we can’t get out.
    We caught on all color bandits and pink reef runners last week. But need a box of Crome and blue.

The marine forecast indicates the lake from the Islands west, should lay down with a SW wind at 15-20 on Saturday. If the wind stays SW, the lake should be ok for Sunday too. The water may be muddy, so you should look for cleaner water, in my experience. I am heading out Saturday and Sunday and will start on the east side of South Bass, near the monument. I did very well there 2 weekends ago.