Monitoring Western Basin Wind Monitoring Western Basin Wind Monitoring Western Basin Wind Monitoring Western Basin Wind

Default Monitoring Western Basin Wind

For anyone using IWindsurf to monitor Erie winds, what location do most use to check wind forecasts for the Western Basin near reefs and Camp Perry Firing Range. Which seems to be most accurate? Port Clinton, Kelley's Island, Maumee Bay, Sandusky Bay, Portage River? Wind speed & direction vary quite a bit from station to station. Thanks for any info

Default Re: Monitoring Western Basin Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    For anyone using IWindsurf to monitor Erie winds, what location do most use to check wind forecasts for the Western Basin near reefs and Camp Perry Firing Range. Which seems to be most accurate? Port Clinton, Kelley's Island, Maumee Bay, Sandusky Bay, Portage River? Wind speed & direction vary quite a bit from station to station. Thanks for any info
    For the reefs I use Port Clinton. East, I use Huron Light House.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    For the reefs I use Port Clinton. East, I use Huron Light House.
    I use Iwindserf, the app on my cell phone keeps
    me up to date, also check the marine forecast keeping in mind that a NE wind can be somewhat more bouncy than what they predicted it to be.
    ~Water Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    i personally think noaa weather graphic forecast chart is most accurate of all. you can see the whole lake and wind wave predictions. also, for the whole week, although it obviously changes.
    that being said, they are only correct about 40% of the time.

I use Erie west Bouy computer Forcast on I Windsurf for the western basin and even east of kellies.I will use the Windsurf map of wind if Forcast on the edge of a go or no go.Especially if a north or east wind.The map can show how far the wind projects along the whole lake or not.That can make a difference on size of waves by time they reach western side of lake.I don't look at any NOAA info for years.Its worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    I
    I use Iwindserf, the app on my cell phone keeps
    me up to date, also check the marine forecast keeping in mind that a NE wind can be somewhat more bouncy than what they predicted it to be.
    ~Water Dog
    Iwindsurf is what I was talking about. But there are different areas you can check. I was referring to the choices on the app.

I use the Windy app and place an X anywhere I need to. Been using 3 years now and its accuracy a day or two in advance, impresses me.
    Rickerd

Thanks for the App suggestions. I'm up here now fishing tomorrow. Just downloaded windy. I LIKE IT !