Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021 Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021 Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021 Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021

Default Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021

My eyelids were heavy when the alarm brought me out of a deep sleep this morning. I laid there with my cat, Hemingway, for about 3 minutes and got up to put the coffee on. A quick look at the phone to get the latest weather and wind forecasts told me it was going to be a good day to be fishing on Lake Erie.

Winds were forecast from the SW at 5-15mph, and the weather was going to be sunny and cooler. The air temp was in the low 40's when we launched at Catawba this morning, (But would climb to the mid to high 50s by noon). The water temp today was 50-51 where I was, west of Catawba.

Program: Spro Madeye 120 in the "Golden Perch" color was catching at 50 back.
    Bandits were catching at 40-65 back. I use numbers like 43, 57, 61, because I like odd numbers. Maybe it's a superstition, but once I started it, I couldn't stop it. (shrugs her shoulders and gives an impish grin).

Bandit colors that worked for us: Khaki, Sunspot, Blue Chrome, Buck Fever, and Nitro Shad.

A "Purple Glass Perch" DHJ12 caught on at 65 back too.

Speed was 1.5-2.0 depending on direction. Into the waves was 1. 8-2.0mph and with the waves was 1.4-1.5mph.

Joe and Glen had a great time, in fact on the ride back Joe said, "Hey Glen, this is the best day of the year so far!". I laughed and said, "That's going in my Blog". Ha!

We caught a 3 person limit, and Joe reeled in his personal best walleye to date, that weighed in at a whopping 11.2 pounds and was 31 inches long. It was a beautiful specimen, with huge lips. The best kind. The kind, that when they get on top of the water and open their mouths....a person can't help but get excited to see a fish with a mouth big enough to stuff a grapefruit in it. That gets a person pretty excited.

I was supposed to fish with them again tomorrow, but with cold weather and NW wind again, we decided to reschedule tomorrow's trip to another date in July (earliest openings). They opted to go for two more days in July, and put the deposit down. They fished with me in June last year, and it was a quick bite as they recalled, so they wanted to try earlier for a little slower fishing, so they could learn how to run the Off Shore boards better. It's hard to learn stuff when you're too busy reeling in fish! But, now they want to come back for that quick fun bite again.

They did a great job today, and we all had fun, so that makes me happy!

Friday is being watched, but will most likely be a blow-day too, if the forecast doesn't change for the better.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021-joe-glen-4-14-20211-jpg Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021-joe-glen-4-14-20212-jpg Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021-joe-glen-4-14-20213-jpg Fishing with Joe and Glen 4/14/2021-joe-glen-4-14-20217-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

That is a great trophy Captain Juls! Way to go.

I have been following your post for about three years now and I always enjoy reading them and appreciate all the information you and the rest of the captains share.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    I have been following your post for about three years now and I always enjoy reading them and appreciate all the information you and the rest of the captains share.
    Thanks for reading them...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters