Jig bite Jig bite Jig bite Jig bite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig bite

Default Jig bite

Went out early Saturday morning with my wife and two girls. Started out in 13 fow and ended up in 17fow with not much luck. We did alot of moving try to find fish. We caught 2 keepers and 1 short and about twenty sheephead in 4 hours. We hugged every color I had, which is alot lol. I will say it was a nice morning and my family had fun. That's the most important to me.

Where was you fishing. Highway bait told me last week the firing range was closed. Thanks for the report.

Two of us went out alot earlier than we normally do. There was a very fast bite around daybreak and it shut off pretty quick. Once the boats came out the fish quit. We had our 12 in the box by 6:30 and played catch and release for another hour. Very fun time with a good friend.

Maybe we weren't out early enough. We were out and fishing by 7:30. We were at turtle creek by 6:45 but had to wait our turn to launch. Next time gonna have to get there really early. Thanks for the information

Default F

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wheezer View Post
    Two of us went out alot earlier than we normally do. There was a very fast bite around daybreak and it shut off pretty quick. Once the boats came out the fish quit. We had our 12 in the box by 6:30 and played catch and release for another hour. Very fun time with a good friend.
    Were you jigging out of turtle creek?

Yes we went out if turtle creek

We were there too at 7:30 ush. Caught a ton of huge sheepshead and one small eye. We trolled through once too when traffic cleared out a little with no takers.

I went out this morning and caught three walleye and about thirty sheephead

Yes, we were out of Turtle Creek.

I was out jiggging the week before Easter. The first few days we caught between 8-24 fish with 5 guys in boat. Than limits. We got blown off a couple days and didnt fish one. I have friends fishing everyday since Easter. They have caught limits most days. Key is being on water before daylight. Helps to stay away from big groups. Most fish caught 13 to 17 feet. Jigs and blades.