Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021 Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021 Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021 Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021

Default Fishing with Joe and Jerry 4/6/2021

Woke up at 3:30 this morning, and did the usual routine that most of you who keep up with my blog know already....coffee, shower, feed the beasties, and head on out to the gas station to gas up the boat, before meeting my crew for the morning.

I was running a 1/2 hour earlier than when I told them I would meet them, so I could strip off some line from the reels that we would be using today. I didn't want any big fish we might catch breaking the line from any nicks there might have been in the line.

When I showed up, they were already standing there waiting on me! I have to give it to the Wisconsin folks...they do like to get up early! Since it was still dark out, and we had 45 minutes before the sky would be light enough to head out safely (still a lot of logs floating around the area), I told them my plan to strip some line first, and they agreed it was too dark to do anything yet anyway. They talked and kept me company while they sipped their hot coffees.

At 6:45 it was light enough to head out, so we launched and headed to the North side of Kelly's, to 40 feet of water. We set up with Bandits running 42-80 back at a speed of 1.4-1.5mph. The Helix wasn't showing me the marks that I wanted to see though, so we didn't stay there long and headed west a few miles.

We set up again with the same program...colors being Blue/Chrome, Buck Fever, that one I don't know the name of from the last trip, and the Golden Perch Spro Madeye 120. Blue/Chrome and Buck Fever were on both sides....blue/chrome was at 65 back and Buck Fever was running at 42 back. The Spro was at 80 back and the other two baits were 75 and 60 back.

Blue Chrome and Bucky took the most fish this morning with the Spro a close third. I tried other colors, but those three were the only ones they ate for us. A lot of the fish were barely hooked, but Joe and Greg did a fantastic job bringing theirs in, so we didn't lose any today.

They both said they had a great time. Joe is looking forward to coming back in May with his wife, and his Grandson. This was Greg's first time here, and he said, "This was 150 percent better than anything I could have expected from all the stories I had heard about Lake Erie walleye fishing". And, you know what? That makes me happy!

Tomorrow, I will be fishing with a crew of three from Iowa, I think. His area code is from Iowa, so I'm thinking it's a good guess. Ha! I have them for two days, and tomorrow is looking like another beautiful day, but Thursday might be a little windy and rainy, but I really don't think the rain comes in until the evening on Thursday. Fingers Crossed.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021-joe-gary-4-6-20211-jpg Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021-joe-gary-4-6-20212-jpg Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021-joe-gary-4-6-20214-jpg Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021-joe-gary-4-6-20217-jpg Fishing with Joe and Gary 4/6/2021-joe-gary-4-6-20218-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 04-12-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks for the great report, as always. I'm steadily building my Bandit arsenal here waiting on some good weather and reports to make the 5 hour drive from Northern IL to Erie. Learning a lot from you folks who write these detailed reports so that my trip isn't for naught. Cheers

Another great report with happy customers