Spring trip for newb Spring trip for newb Spring trip for newb Spring trip for newb

Default Spring trip for newb

You guys helped me a ton last fall. I made my 1st trip to Erie late fall out of Huron, and did much better than expected. So much so that I went back 2 weeks later and caught a bunch more.

I want to try a few more weekends this spring and/or early summer with a crankbait bite. Weather aside, when is my best bet? April, may, June? I know that I need to head east of Huron. Was thinking of launching out of Wild Wings when I do make the trip.
    Last edited by trapsht; 03-29-2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Just wondering why it has to be east of Huron? Lot's of good fishing all the way to the West end from what I can tell, but I'm also an Erie noob so correct me if I'm wrong.

After absorbing as much info from this great site as I can, I'm also looking to make a noobie trip this spring/early summer. I'll take a break from the salmon on lake Michigan where I normally spend my weekends and make the drive to Erie from the IL/WI border where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by 350Industrial View Post
    Just wondering why it has to be east of Huron? Lot's of good fishing all the way to the West end from what I can tell, but I'm also an Erie noob so correct me if I'm wrong.

After absorbing as much info from this great site as I can, I'm also looking to make a noobie trip this spring/early summer. I'll take a break from the salmon on lake Michigan where I normally spend my weekends and make the drive to Erie from the IL/WI border where I live.
    That was a typo. I meant West of Huron. I also live on Il/wi border and spend most of my time on L.Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by trapsht View Post
    That was a typo. I meant West of Huron. I also live on Il/wi border and spend most of my time on L.Michigan

Port Clinton from now through at least May. I’m in Janesville and am dying to get over there again. Were going week of May 1. Absolutely crushed them 2 years ago. Covid canceled last year. Nothing will cancel this year.

we should hook up to share info. Cohos starting in about a month also. I start in Kenosha and work my way north. Slammed a ton of kings, coho and lakers in MKE.

Crooked Hook is the boat name.

Great info. We'll be heading out there next week. Hoping the weather and water clears up. We will be putting in at Wild Wings all week.

I'm always open to hooking up and sharing info. I've spent many years out of Kenosha. Who knows...maybe some of these Ohio guys will want some salmon pointers.

In my humble opinion, June is a winner, launch in Huron

There should be fish all around Catawba and the reef complexes this time of year.