What a day, 3/27 report. What a day, 3/27 report. What a day, 3/27 report. What a day, 3/27 report.

Arrow What a day, 3/27 report.

Well there was only one group that took advantage of the group text idea, but I think I paid off for both of us. We started at 830am. The lake was still rolling pretty good from the blow. We were going to start out between green and rattlesnake, but it was a little rougher than we wanted to fish still. So we turned and headed over south of the monument. There was good water clarity and we were marking fish. But the fish weren't cooperating, so we moved. The rollers had settled by then so we went back over where we had wanted to start. A little east of a n/s line between rattlesnake and green. There were good marks and the water was clear enough, but not bites. We found out through the group texting that some bites were happening by the Canadian line east of middle bass. So we headed there. We managed to pick up our first there, but it was slow.

Then we got a tip from from our guide friend who was catching some 10.6 miles away. We decided to make the run and passed the location along to the group text. They also made the run. We boated 4 more nice 6 lbers, and I think the other boat picked up 5 more. We called it quits at 4 and headed in. It was a really nice day to be on the lake. We caught ours 80 to 110 back at 1 to 1.3. The water was 42 degrees. 34 fow. Purple and blue chrome did the work.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

This was great idea I was not registered on this site to answer and give ya my number but next time I’m in!

We did this last year a couple of times, it worked out pretty good. I'll try to do it every time I go.

Left a message to you Ducker, I wasn’t included?? It’s ok maybe next time

Sorry whopper, I had thought I had another message, but when I looked I couldn't find it. I must of deleted it accidentally. The more the better, sorry again.

Where the heck do you launch from? PIB?

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    Where the heck do you launch from? PIB?
    Not sure where this question came from, but there are 2 public ramps on PIB, one down town and one at the state park.

We launched out of Catawba.