3/22 Walleye 3/22 Walleye 3/22 Walleye 3/22 Walleye

Thread: 3/22 Walleye

Default 3/22 Walleye

What a grind! Fished from 9 to 5:30 before we had our first bite! We did absolutely everything, speed, color, direction, weight, no weight, bandits and p10’s, stained water, dirty water, clean water. Fished in 32 fow then went to the reefs to troll the edges. We had great marks in the open water but the fish had lock jaw. We decided to stick it out to see if they turned on for the evening bite and that’s exactly what they did. We caught 6 fish in the 3-4 pound range in the next hour and a half before we started our 2 1/2 hour drive home.

Best lead was 80 back unassisted, speed 1.5 and we caught every fish on a southerly troll. We were working the area between Niagara and the islands. We were fishing the clean water when we started catching.

It will surely get better!3/22 Walleye-54323493-dad0-40e1-b09c-789bb54e7f64-jpg

Good job! Glad you got some.

You sure are a hardcore fisherman to fish 8hrs without catching and stick it out till they turned on.Got rewarded with same fast action and good fish late in the day.Seams like when water is really cold,there is a late bite that seams to occur due to the surface water warming up from the sun.Did you change some of your lines to mono,or did you stick with the braid?

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    You sure are a hardcore fisherman to fish 8hrs without catching and stick it out till they turned on.Got rewarded with same fast action and good fish late in the day.Seams like when water is really cold,there is a late bite that seams to occur due to the surface water warming up from the sun.Did you change some of your lines to mono,or did you stick with the braid?
    I haven’t had a chance to add the mono. My boat has been in the shop since January and my rods were in the Managers office all that time. I was picking my boat up in Cleveland so we said we might as well fish. We drove 3.5 hours before we even got to the lake so fishing all day didn’t bother us a bit. I am fortunate enough to have some friends who are as hard core as I am. One of them made the trip with me on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I added some mono today, so we will see how that works next time out. I only added 30’ to each reel.