What line to use for trolling? What line to use for trolling? What line to use for trolling? What line to use for trolling?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

12 lb pline best line ever for walleye and steelhead

Mono also holds better in the releases of inline boards than braid.Braid slips,and you may need to use OR 18 releases really tightened down and /or wrapping the braid around the release.

Default Mono vs Floro on Inlines

Quote Originally Posted by Carpn View Post
    The stretch of mono allows the in line boards to run smoother .

The stretch also allows the fish to get the bait deeper before being hooked.
    Carpn,

Thanks. Haven't used inlines a lot, but tried braid once & went back to mono real quick. I figured stretch had to come into play & didn't have braid releases. What are thoughts on a 20-25' floro lead with the mono. Think the invisibility of the floro makes a difference in catch rate?

That's what I've setup, but I really have consistently used the inlines enough to know. I fish alone most of the time anymore & I find it easier to use longlines with weights & use a jet or dipsy. I keep telling myself I need to use inlines more when bite seems slow on those clear bright sky days.

The experts on OGF don't think you need a flourocarbon leader for running cranks.Some of them run hi vis mono right to their cranks.A lot of time the water is pretty dirty early and late season so doesn't matter as much.
    As for running inline boards,they are just another tactic to use to catch when the bite is tough.Think they help the most catching suspended fish or to get out more lines.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    The experts on OGF don't think you need a flourocarbon leader for running cranks.Some of them run hi vis mono right to their cranks.A lot of time the water is pretty dirty early and late season so doesn't matter as much.
    As for running inline boards,they are just another tactic to use to catch when the bite is tough.Think they help the most catching suspended fish or to get out more lines.
    Thanks. This forum is excellent for information. Speaks to character of fisherman that fish this body of water and willingness to share information. Good fishing this year & be safe out there.