3/21 Bad luck or just a newbie? 3/21 Bad luck or just a newbie? 3/21 Bad luck or just a newbie? 3/21 Bad luck or just a newbie?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Don't give up on those jigs when fishing the western basin reefs. By jigs, I am referring to metal jigs, not leadheads. Try casting small Sonic Baitfish over those rockpiles like a 1/10 or 1/6 oz size. Years ago, a 1/6 oz gold Crippled Herring consistently hammered those rockpile walleyes. Unfortunately, Rapala/Luhr Jensen discontinued that size. Now, the smallest Herring is a 1/2 oz...a little too heavy for the rocks. Fortunately, the Sonic BaitFish took over the slack and has established itself as maybe even better than that 1/6 oz Herring.

Default Crippled Herring......Hey Pete boy your right about those Herrings

Quote Originally Posted by capt pete View Post
    Don't give up on those jigs when fishing the western basin reefs. By jigs, I am referring to metal jigs, not leadheads. Try casting small Sonic Baitfish over those rockpiles like a 1/10 or 1/6 oz size. Years ago, a 1/6 oz gold Crippled Herring consistently hammered those rockpile walleyes. Unfortunately, Rapala/Luhr Jensen discontinued that size. Now, the smallest Herring is a 1/2 oz...a little too heavy for the rocks. Fortunately, the Sonic BaitFish took over the slack and has established itself as maybe even better than that 1/6 oz Herring.
    Still using them on Erie to this day also have a few 1/6 , 1/4 and 1/3 left that you sent me years ago guess who. 27ft sportcraft drawbridge marina....