3/16 and 3/17 reports 3/16 and 3/17 reports 3/16 and 3/17 reports 3/16 and 3/17 reports

Default 3/16 and 3/17 reports

We had to search a bit to find some fish on Tuesday after the blow on Monday and we found some nice fish for the crew put a nice 9lb fish in the boat. Wednesday was a slow start but we ended up with some nice fish for both trips the fishing wasn't as good as over the weekend but they would eat if you could find the right water. My Minnesota crew caught 2 personal best fish one 30" and a 28" the wind really picked up last night at the end of the trip. We pulled bandits on all the trips 1.2 to 1.5 mph All white based in color 60 to 120 back all caught fish but most came 80 to 120 back. Big blow today and tomorrow then search and find the proper water after. Back at it saturday if the wind lays down enough.
    3/16 and 3/17 reports-31621-009-jpg3/16 and 3/17 reports-31621-008-jpg3/16 and 3/17 reports-31621-006-jpg3/16 and 3/17 reports-31621-007-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Sam, what is your idea of "Proper water". Most would say slightly stained and a little warmer. So you can still see your cavitation plate. Oh, and with tons of marks. lol

On another note, fishing last Saturday and Sunday I noticed that the water temps were around 39 to 40 degrees. It seemed that it was quite warm for there being ice on it just a week earlier. I found some water that was 43 degrees, which also had tons of marks.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

slightly stained and warmer is good, seeing cavitation plate is good seeing prop is better. Temps can be deceiving as you are reading the surface temp. Can be very different down a bit. If you have what you think is good water and marks but no bite, move, It is probably too muddy down at the fish. The water clarity can be different below what we see. It could be more clear or more muddy, one only knows? I wont fish good marks with no bites for too long and waste the day. There is usually a water clarity issue preventing the bite, especially if the fish are suspended and not catching.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Thanks, it helps getting a different prospective on things.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Yeah Capt Sam great info and perspective on your fishing tactics.Read thread where guy was scuba diving and mentioned the same thing on water clarity and temp at different depths.