sunday 3/14 report sunday 3/14 report sunday 3/14 report sunday 3/14 report

Default sunday 3/14 report

We launched from catawba at 7 am and headed west we set up where we have been fishing but the wind change and colder air must have moved the fish we caught 9 nice fish on the first pass running bandits 1 to 1.5 100 to 60 back. so i decided to move around a bit to find some better marks and we did we set up on those fish and had 15 in the first pass. the lake had calmed so we turned back on them but couldnt get a bite so we picked up and reset with the wind and then the wind changed to out of the north and started blowing pretty good that pushed us straight south until the water got too shallow and the waves where getting to be 3' and some 4' we lost a lot of fish at the boat when it started getting wavy my crew was not experienced with those conditions and the sea legs eluded them. We put 27 in the boat and lost at least 10 fish at the boat. It was a fairly good day nice and sunny and lots of fishing fun for all. My crew was very happy to have the heated cabin today, they stayed in it all day other than reeling in fish monday was a blow day and i will be on the lake today and tomorrow. Thursday and friday are not looking good for fishing.
    sunday 3/14 report-314211-jpgsunday 3/14 report-31421-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Great job pork chop!!! We saw you out there and fished not 200 yards away and couldn’t even get one pullback. Ugh! The struggle is real! We were running bandits 50-80 back and zero fish were caught out of my boat. Speeds were 1.1-1.3 then with the winds we were at 1.5-1.8. No clue why we couldn’t at least hook a couple. Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated!

you where not fishing deep enough read my report...most fish came 80 to 100 back.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH