Inline Planer Boards 101 Inline Planer Boards 101 Inline Planer Boards 101 Inline Planer Boards 101

Default Inline Planer Boards 101

Don't know what's going on with people loosing boards, but lesson #1....write your phone number on them! I'm getting a whole pile of planer boards, all brands that I don't use....of course!, some with fancy clips, night lights, tattle flags. We found 3 already this last weekend...no phone numbers???? I'm well aware of what they cost and If you want them back do yourself a favor... Most guy won't have a problem trying to get them back to you if you put your # on them. If any of you lost a board this weekend near the Intake/Metzger's area describe what you lost and we'll see what we can do to get them back to you.

I don't understand how people are loosing them either. I use 30lb test power pro with a 10 foot florocarbon leader. The boards are attached to the line so they can't come off. The only way I could loose them is if I dropped it in the water off the boat. Some people must be getting fancy and are trying to set them so they trip when a fish bites or are only using 10 lb. mono for trolling. There is almost no reason to be loosing inline boards.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    Don't know what's going on with people loosing boards, but lesson #1....write your phone number on them! I'm getting a whole pile of planer boards, all brands that I don't use....of course!, some with fancy clips, night lights, tattle flags. We found 3 already this last weekend...no phone numbers???? I'm well aware of what they cost and If you want them back do yourself a favor... Most guy won't have a problem trying to get them back to you if you put your # on them. If any of you lost a board this weekend near the Intake/Metzger's area describe what you lost and we'll see what we can do to get them back to you.
    Amen brother. We have never lost one but have found several - with no contact number on them. Drives me crazy when people come on here saying they lost a board and asking if anyone found it. How hard can it be to take a marker and write your cell number on the back. Someone will find it and most fishermen will get it back to you. The ones we found were never the brand we use either - ha ha - so wound up giving them away.

Thanks for the reminder. I have my phone no on mine. BUT....I have issues keeping them on line. I use 30# PowerPro braid and wrap the line about the back clip, even the red ones with the pin and I still manage to lose them occasionally. So what is the trick?? What am I doing wrong?

Wrap it twice on the front one. There's no need to have it pop off when the fish hits. We only have an issue with it driving once out of 25 or so fish. We reel it in, disconnect the board and continue on.

So are you saying that your boards don't release and drift back to the boats back center for fighting the fish without the drag from the board? Thx

No they don't. When we get a fish, the board goes back. We pick up the line and move to the back of the boat on the opposite side of where the pole was. We hold the rod tip up and away from the fish. The fish is rising to the surface, so it clears your other lines. We reel the board in as it tracks across behind your other boards. When the board gets to the boat we release it from the line and reel the fish in. We've been doing it that way for 15 years. Never lost a board. We've tried it your way, but it's just easier to do it the way we do it. Yes, on a rare occasion we have gotten a tangle, but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed. I believe a lot of people do it this way.
    Last edited by Ducker; 03-19-2021 at 03:51 PM.

I’ve converted my front clip to the offshore snapper line clip. Solid grip on the line ,even braid.
    $14 at netcraft.