Fishing this weekend Fishing this weekend Fishing this weekend Fishing this weekend

Default Fishing this weekend

Who's going. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect, ramps are open.

I'll be out if I can find someone to go, which shouldn't be an issue. Will start out slow trolling DHJ's, with a bandit or 2 mixed in. I'll try to find some transition zones between clear and muddy water. Well dress warm and take a lunch. I love fishing early like this, and there's no need for ice to keep the fish cold.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Really, 1313 views and not one of you is going to be out fishing for eyes on the lake. The weather is still looking great for the weekend. With the blow and warm winds the next day or 2 most all the ice will be gone. I just looked at the camera at Catawba, looks good today. I'm betting the ramp is packed Saturday and Sunday.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

I知 one of those 1300 viewers desperately waiting to make the trip here from 6 hours away.... solo, in my small boat. I have e to wait a while - but good luck and please let us know how you do! I知 sure many will love reading it.

Is Mazuriks clear of ice? Thanks...
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Really, probably 1300 views looking for first open water report since ice out.Which we still have not seen on this site yet.As for wind forcast,Friday thru sunday look good as of now but weekend still to far away to make a more accurate assessment.Sure this warmer weather and stiff south winds finishing off most remaining ice.Should be some fishing going on this weekend.

Default Open water

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Really, probably 1300 views looking for first open water report since ice out.Which we still have not seen on this site yet.As for wind forcast,Friday thru sunday look good as of now but weekend still to far away to make a more accurate assessment.Sure this warmer weather and stiff south winds finishing off most remaining ice.Should be some fishing going on this weekend.
    Saturday afternoon there were two dozen boat trailers in the Catawba parking lot. Sure would like someone to let us know if they were hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I'll give the first report....All the ramps are open from Toledo to Wild Wings, maybe not Magee yet, but most likely by friday. guys have been getting out since last friday and fished all week. The ones that know what they are doing are limiting out in a couple hours in shallow water "less than 20fow" trolling or ice jigging.
    Last edited by Prkr314; 03-10-2021 at 04:09 PM.

I fished yesterday launched out of mazurik catawba was locked tight with ice . We trolled bandits chromes were best walleye were hard to find around the islands we caught ours by green and rattlesnake seen guys anchored fishing with minnows doing well

Quote Originally Posted by cycleguy View Post
    I知 one of those 1300 viewers desperately waiting to make the trip here from 6 hours away.... solo, in my small boat. I have e to wait a while - but good luck and please let us know how you do! I知 sure many will love reading it.
    I too am impatiently waiting my trip. May 1st will be as soon as I can make it. Boat it coming out of storage in about 2 weeks then going to install Radar on it. Doubtful I値l even be able to hit the home waters of Lake Michigan before the Erie trip but we will see.
    keep the reports coming guys. Us out of town eta love seeing them.

Default Email info

Ducker,

If your going do you still need a fishing partner?
    Hit me [email protected]
    Last edited by Joshm; 03-11-2021 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Forgot email