Welded Aluminum Boats Welded Aluminum Boats Welded Aluminum Boats Welded Aluminum Boats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welded Aluminum Boats

I see more and more of the welded aluminum boats on the lake and being sold at boat dealerships. Cabelas, Bass Pro, and now Happy Days Boating in Port Clinton are selling these boats. I know Capt Sam of the PorkChop Charters runs an aluminum boat. Are people going to these boats because they ride better, they are easier to maintain that a fiberglass boat, are fiberglass boats increasing in price faster than the aluminum? They look really solid.
    Thanks
    Bruce

Default Great Boat

I have owned a 2018 Duck worth from Nov 2017. Best boat I have ever owned. Great thought went into these boats. Matter of fact we were launching at Catawba last year and somebody comes running up to me waving his hands in air. We stop launching and it was some big shot from Happy Days that wanted to see the boat and ask our opinion cause Happy days was thinking of carrying them. Mine was only Duckworth in area for 2 years, I guess I will have company now. The boat fishes great, handles rough water and is way more fuel efficient. Boat launches easy loads easy. Stay dry,stay warm, I have never winterized the motors, I fish all winter. Any more questions feel free to ask. Happy days has some nice looking Duckworths.

I fished a fiberglass boat for 30 years but went to a solid welded aluminum Hewescraft last year. The fuel efficiency is unbelievable. I don’t have to worry about any moisture or rotting problems. It cuts through waves like a knife and it’s is still lite enough to trailer to wherever the fish are depending on time of year. I was also able to fish all winter without worry about freezing the block. What more could a person ask for?

Blog Entries

Meh, had one (DukWurth), didn't like it. So I bought a Grekurn, didn't like it either (just my $0.02), bought a Henway and love it.
    Last edited by bobj; 03-07-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
    Meh, had one (DukWurth), didn't like it. So I bought a Grekurn, didn't like it either (just my $0.02), bought a Henway and love it.
    Ok I will bite what's a henway ? Iknow where were going

I would say about 4lbs. Lol 😆

I have a Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 being built as we speak, do to arrive at the dealer in about a month. My reason for selling my Skeeter is I wanted a pilothouse. Tired of the wind, waves, rain and snow. If I take a 5 footer over the bow, I'll turn on the windshield wipers. My boat will have a rear bulkhead and door to enclose the house, and a heater to warm it up. I'm also putting a Garmin radar unit on it. Night time, no problem. Fog, bring it on. Looking forward to getting it on the water. Erie for Walleye and Lake Michigan for Salmon and Trout.

Blog Entries

Thank you ,
    Last edited by bobj; 03-09-2021 at 06:49 AM.

It's always been my understanding that a fiberglass boat will ride better than aluminum because they weigh more. But if you want to trailer the boat any distance better with aluminum especially if your talking a 20'+ boat. I have an Alumacraft 17' and will upgrade in the next year or 2. I have been leaning towards fiberglass. I want a 20'-22' and will trailer it as far as Wisconsin and Minnesota on occasion so I'm really on the fence. I think you could pull a 22' aluminum boat with a 1/2 ton truck but for a fiberglass boat you would really want a 3/4 ton.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    It's always been my understanding that a fiberglass boat will ride better than aluminum because they weigh more. But if you want to trailer the boat any distance better with aluminum especially if your talking a 20'+ boat. I have an Alumacraft 17' and will upgrade in the next year or 2. I have been leaning towards fiberglass. I want a 20'-22' and will trailer it as far as Wisconsin and Minnesota on occasion so I'm really on the fence. I think you could pull a 22' aluminum boat with a 1/2 ton truck but for a fiberglass boat you would really want a 3/4 ton.
    I pulled a Lund 2250 Sportfisherman the weighed 3800 lbs with my Ford Ranger. A 22' boat of either glass or aluminum would not be an issue as long as it is not underpowered. My F 150 is rated for 11,000 but I would not make a habit of pulling loads of this weight. I think up to 7000 for a 1/2 ton truck would not be an issue. Now my Tiara 2700 Open with fuel and gear weighed around 11,500 on the trailer. I have a F350 that I used to pull that.