Suspending Husky Jerks and Minnow Raps Suspending Husky Jerks and Minnow Raps Suspending Husky Jerks and Minnow Raps Suspending Husky Jerks and Minnow Raps

Default Suspending Husky Jerks and Minnow Raps

I was cleaning out my desk yesterday and I came across a couple of suspending Husky Jerk -14s and a Minnow Rap I had received for signing up for Midwest Outdoors magazine. I had never used them as I did not think they would catch fish trolling. I looked at the box on the HJ and it says swimming depth is 4-8 ft. I would like to try this as it is the Firetiger color.
    Should I run this unassisted off a board, should I try this on a Tru Trip or a Dipsey? Will these suspending type work?

On this Minnow Rap which is Bleeding Original Shad color, the box says this runs 5-11' feet down. The box says this has Shad Rap action. I have never heard anyone catch walleye on the Shad Rap action lures. Do these Shad Raps catch walleye? What do you think about these two lures?

Bruce

Put a 2oz or 3 oz weight in front of them to get them to the depth you want.
    I bet they catch fish and even walleye. Try adding 1 foot of depth for every 1/4oz. of weight at 2 mph. That is a ballpark and assumes the current below you is neutral.
    Cannot hurt to try them. As late as Fathers day in Central Basin, I've caught walleye trolling in top 10 fow over 20 fow.
    Rickerd

Put those lures on without weight in spring if you are using boards. Caught most fish higher than lower. Come back with a report.

Thank you both Rickerd and Tinman. I will try them with and without weights and give you an update in the spring.