Bandit colors Bandit colors Bandit colors Bandit colors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bandit colors

Yes the name of stock color is humble bee.Its all yellow in color.The one guy I fish with loves it.Some days it works great.To get added depth on the bandits we add a 2oz sinker.That adds about 8ft of depth or 4ft/oz to your depth.The past two seasons we have done well running bandits in the deep water east of kellies with bandits with 50ft/2oz then another 70 to 130ft of line for total of 120-180 on inline boards going around 2.5mph.That gets you as deep as you are going to get on inline boards unless you use 3oz which some use.

Was the spoon bite down last summer from what it had been in previous years? IT seemed liked more and more people were using crankbaits last summer in stead of spoons.

Is the blue chrome you are talking about stock name chrome blue back. It has a dark underside doesn't it.
    Last edited by badboards; 01-17-2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Type o

Yes the chrome blue back is the one you want.Get 2 of them.Belly color orange and probably why the color works so well.We,and a lot of the best trollers always start with at least one blue chrome on one rod.

A lot of fish were caught last summer with spoons.Yourselves,have been using more spoon harnesses.As the water temp rose last year we did switch over to running more cranks,but kept at least 2 dipsey/spoons running.It wasn't until like Sept when the spoons stopped catching and ran 2 flicker shad off our dipseys.and cranks off our 4 inline with long leads and 2oz weights.

Default bandits used

the ones going bigtime the past 6 outings, by far the blue chrome orange underbelly, second was the all chrome, third was the voodoo tiger pink on purple,blue shiner and the chrome red eye, the black and chrome should be definitely added in there. ran a long A deep bomber for fun, speckled trout chrome, it smashed the eyes too so don't relegate your oldies but goodies to the back of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    the ones going bigtime the past 6 outings, by far the blue chrome orange underbelly, second was the all chrome, third was the voodoo tiger pink on purple,blue shiner and the chrome red eye, the black and chrome should be definitely added in there. ran a long A deep bomber for fun, speckled trout chrome, it smashed the eyes too so don't relegate your oldies but goodies to the back of the bus.
    Just wondering, what part of the lake are you guys mostly fishing? My primary location of choice is west of the islands and by far chrome anything has to be one of our last choices, so much so that we joke about it...almost all of last year the bite was stupid easy and if we didn't get a bite in the first 5 minutes, someone always managed to say, we should have put on blue and chrome...lol I guess I can't figure out why people keep saying blue and chrome, we hear it all summer, but for me your just asking to catch white perch/bass. Most of the time there's usually just 2 of us fishing on my boat/running 6 rods, and if we're not getting at least 10-12 bites an hour it seems like we're doing something wrong. We carry probably close to 300 bandits/150DDHJ12/100perfect 10s and maybe 4 are chrome...for us I'd say we have a pretty good combination colors, and it always seems like we end up using our oddball color patterns east of the islands and a combination of Purple/chartruse west of the islands....but I guess to each their own preference?

I must say my list sounds alot like the others- i will always start out with Blue chrome, fruit dot( wonderbread) black head and IB frozen ( custom) . After that khaki and wild thing.

It would be great if bandit had a stick bait that ran shallow enough in those colors that could be pulled behind a dipsy or do they. I hear a lot of people talking about smithwick perfect 10 rogue but they run about 12 feet. Is that to deep.

The Bandit comes in both deep and shallow styles.I do not have any of the shallow bandits and not sure if can use behind a dipsey.I know people run P10 behind dipseys though.The reason you dont run a diving lure behind a dipsey is because the crankbait can pull the dipsey downward.That would affect the dive curve of dipsey,would have to increase tension on release arm to negate that pull and cause tangles, because the crank is pulling down a dipsey that is set to run to the side.