Canadian licence refund Canadian licence refund Canadian licence refund Canadian licence refund

Default Canadian licence refund

Bought my Canadian licence as I usually do before realizing that they would not even Let us cross the line on Erie this season.Saw a post that you could call Ontario ministry of natural resources and get a refund.I made the call in like Sept and asked for a refund.The person I talked to said would submit my request.I did not see the refund on my credit card bill and thought it was a lost cause.Yesterday I received an email from OMNR letting me know I will receive a refund and letting me know my licence is no longer valid.So if bought a nonresident Canadian licence you can ask for a refund too.Merry Christmas to all that use this site.

Great news. I also purchased one in March . I will attempt to do the same next week. Thanks.

Awesome news! I always buy three year, and 2020 was the last year on it.... outta luck for me!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Thank you, itsbob! I purchased my 3 year license for fishing NW Ontario online in June, 2018. Last week I googled "canadian fishing license refund" and when I clicked on the listing for "oodmag.com" (Ontario Out of Doors Magazine), I read that article, and then clicked on the highlighted e-mail address, it set me right up ready to e-mail [email protected]. I had my e-license that I printed out, that also had my the last 4 numbers of my credit card also printed on it, along with my outdoors card number listed at the very top left above my name. (I checked it against my actual outdoors card, and the 6 numbers followed by 9 numbers matched.)

So, I wrote a nice few sentences explaining how & when I purchased it, since we could not use them this year and I was not allowed to fish Lake Erie Canadian Waters either. Then I requested the refund of the final year of our Ontario 3 yr. Sport Licences, and went on to list my name, outdoors card w/ exp. date, D.O.B. as listed on my outdoors card. I followed that with my credit card info, bank name, date purchased, and amount(s). At the bottom I put my name, address, and phone number.

I submitted on 1/4/21, and received an e-mail today informing me that the refund will provided by cheques, as the original purchases were in 2018. I felt it was worth the (hopefully) $84.96 CDN/yr. ($69.36 US/yr,) that I paid for the 2 licences for myself and "Mrs. Slick". I really appreciate the sharing of information on this site, as it has helped me a lot this year as I could not go North, eh?