Best unit to show fish at higher speed Best unit to show fish at higher speed Best unit to show fish at higher speed Best unit to show fish at higher speed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best unit to show fish at higher speed

What is the best sonar/fish finder that will show fish when traveling at 20mph or faster

Research transducers that’s where it’s at I’m running a B-60 Airmar at 22-25 mph and can mark dots which are fish when you slow down using a HD’s 9 Lowrance

I have an aluminum hull Crestliner. Not sure that would work. Researching transducers that will work with aluminum hull

Have the same problem aluminum boat. Pleas post if you find a transducer that works.

I’m running the Lowrance Totalscan with HDS9 Gen2 and can pick up fish at 27mph as specks.

Quote Originally Posted by Just One More View Post
    What is the best sonar/fish finder that will show fish when traveling at 20mph or faster
    Get a TM150 transducer and then it’s just a matter of moving
    The transducer up or down a little. YouTube has videos on transducer placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkcarp1 View Post
    Get a TM150 transducer and then it’s just a matter of moving
    The transducer up or down a little. YouTube has videos on transducer placement.
    Most good FF will mark fish at higher speeds but it's usually a matter of getting the transducer aimed correctly. I can see fish on my older HDS on plane but it's tough to tell a school of fish from interference sometimes. For the best resolution you just need a good FF that will utilize a CHIRP transducer. I think the Airmar P-66 I a good transom mount CHIRP unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Just One More View Post
    i'm not a pro... but i think both lowerance and birds do good. I think the biggest influence is transducer placement and position.

Of the numerous discussions I've read on marking fish at higher speed,is achieved from position and angle of transducer.Think most units can be used to achieve desired results.

Made some minor adjustments to the transducer location and as I understand it 80 mgh is the best setting for high speed use correct?