Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020 Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020 Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020 Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020

Default Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020

Yesterday, I didn't blog, because it wasn't a charter. I took Chris and Julie First, from Huron, out to shoot some video of trolling and fishing for walleye on Lake Erie. They are creating a promotional video of Northern Ohio, and showing what it has to offer. We caught 11 walleye and two white bass to take the "Back to the Wild" wildlife rehabilitation center, over in Castalia, OH. The center was very grateful for the fresh fish, and I'm sure the Eagles and critters were too.

This morning, the forecast showed warming temps, sunshine, and light southerly winds. Basically, a summer day in the second week of November....it doesn't get any better than that....except, for when it's actually summer. Needless to say, I was looking forward to fishing today.

We motored out of Mazurik's at 6:30 and turned right. We were going to Huron, since the lake was flat and it wouldn't take long to get there. Once the big motor was up to temp, I put the throttle down and off we went at a nice cruising speed of 45mph.

I slowed the boat down at the south-east corner of the Huron Dump and deployed the Ulterra and baby ETEC and pointed her to the NNE. We started in 38 feet of water and would finish in 42 feet.

The port side ran P-10's 75', 60', 30/30 w/1oz, and 30/30 w/2oz behind "Off Shore" inline planer boards, and the starboard side ran Bandits 120, 100, 85, and 75 back. The speed was 1.7mph.

The P-10 at 75 back was "Marvin", and it took a fish before the second board could be attached to the line of the second rod. A nice, fat, 5 pound fish was a good way to start the morning. It got the crew excited for good things to come.

We caught a couple more in the P-10's, but ended up switching to the Bandits, because they were doing a little better.

Bandit colors today were (In no particular order of success rate):
    Green Clown
    Metallic Muffin
    RC Crush
    An all white one with just red eyes (I don't know the name of that one).
    Attention Deficit
    Chrome Marvin

Todd Brooksher has fished with me before, and today he brought his brother, Kelly, and his friend, Scott to fish with. Todd remembered my program for running Off Shore boards from the previous trip, so he was able to make my job a lot easier by working as my first mate. Kelly had never been on Lake Erie before, so this was a new experience for him. He's a great angler in his own right, and showed me pictures of fish caught on other adventures. He had just never fished Erie before.

I think Scott said he has fished Erie before, but it had been a while.

We caught their 3-person limit, and 5 of mine. We kept one slot open to go after a big fish. Kelly was keeping count on the fish in the box, and those released to swim another day, and said we had released 10 fish before we put that last eater in the box to head in with.

They said they had a great time, and want to come back one more time in November, and reserved a date in late March too, so that makes me happy!

I'm off for the next two days, and will be back out again on Thursday...if weather permits.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020-todd-kelly-scott-11_9_20202-jpg Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020-todd-kelly-scott-11_9_20205-jpg Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020-todd-kelly-scott-11_9_20206-jpg Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020-todd-kelly-scott-11_9_20209-jpg Fishing with Todd, Kelly, and Scott 11/9/2020-todd-kelly-scott-11_9_202015-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters