Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Thanks for the info appreciate it! What depth of water?
    Can’t go wrong with 36-38fow straight out of huron or Cranberry Creek. Cedar point dump, I’d be looking for 40 fow. Most speeds have been around 1.8, leads anywhere from 30-120 back, chrome colors.

Yes speeds 1.8-2.0 and colors white based,chrome and green.

Default Kelly's or Huron this weekend?

Thanks Bob for all of the help/advice this week. We did get out and started trolling east of the Dumping Grounds south of Kellys. We trolled for about 3 hours before hitting some smallmouth action. We were marking a lot of schools between 20 and 38 feet but only caught 2 walleye. We mixed up the colors, slowed down to 1.7 mph and then sped up to 2.5 mph. We used snap-ons with 2 oz weights but could not get a lot of bites, not sure why. The good news is that the 1 walleye we did catch was huge - 32 inches and it weighed 11 pounds. My friend slowly muscled it in over 15 minutes. It was 100 ft back and we caught her on a Neon Shad Bandit, no weights. 42 ft of water. Biggest walleye I ever seen. I attached a picture. Gorgeous day yesterday and the waves were not a problem at all. We also caught a few smallmouths. We had a blast - thank you again. Kelly's or Huron this weekend?-walleye-32-inches-pb-jpg

Bubba thats a great fish and glad you found a couple. I should have gotten your phone number , as we were out there too. We checked the area you fished but did not see a lot marks so we moved further east about 6-8 miles further out in front of Huron. There was a big school of fish out there and the action was hot until about noon. Great fish glad you had some success!

Mojo

I'm sitting in a tree stand hunting now.Wow...nice fish.Quality over quantity.A lot of guys in brawl would have loved to catch that fish.Congratulations

We were wondering where all the boats went. Next year for sure. This is my 2nd season walleye fishing. It was a lot of fun. I am upgrading my boat and will be ready for the early spring. I am going to try for some steelhead late November and in early December. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Have fun Bob, I hope you get a nice buck. Thanks Mojo - it was a fish of a lifetime. The fight and anticipation not knowing what kind of fish we had was beyond words. I netted her really fast once I saw how big she was... thanks for all of the help. Without you guys, we don't catch that fish. Thank you.

Hey Mojo now I know your boat. We were the black Lund talking to you guys at Mazuriks. Will be back out Saturday, probably E and NE kelleys again.

Great! Nice meeting you guys and chatting. We did end up finding a guy to clean our fish, Cutters fish cleaning in Port Clinton. He did a great job and charged $.50 a lb. My wife was super happy I didn't make a huge mess at home doing it myself.

We may come back up again but probably won't be until next week. Good luck Saturday, and if you want I can pull numbers off my Simard unit where we were fishing. There was big school over there, probably would be best to launch from Huron if you go, it was 15 miles from Mazuriks.

Quote Originally Posted by island troller View Post
    Hey Mojo now I know your boat. We were the black Lund talking to you guys at Mazuriks. Will be back out Saturday, probably E and NE kelleys again.

Great on finding a fish cleaning place still open. I am stubborn on launching local with hopes of finding fish but thanks on the numbers offer. We found a lot of walleyes too east of Kelleys but they shut down also later in day, as we discussed.. Yes I'm sure we will meet again. That boat got my attention. Nice fishing boat. Channel 79
    Island Troller... Al