Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend? Kelly's or Huron this weekend?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great - thanks Bob. I will search for his post. I have a 18' 7" Tracker with a kicker and two Garmins. I saw that the winds will be between 5 mph and 8 mph. I should be ok if the waves are what they are predicting. My buddy wants to also seek out some smallies, we plan on hitting the road at 5:30 am and spend the entire day on the water. I have been getting everything ready. Hard to work... thinking about it. Thanks again for the info. Gives me more confidence going up there. : )

Info under capt porkchop.Iwindsurf has wind at 13mph out NNE at 7am diminishing to 10mph by afternoon.So will have solid 3ft waves out there early.

I am looking at Marblehead for tomorrow and this is what it is saying - is this accurate or should plan to see 3 footers tomorrow morning?

Last edited by Bubba; 11-11-2020 at 07:48 AM.

That didn't come out right.. I am seeing 0.7 to .03 waves 2 minutes apart. Winds starting out at 9 mph to 8 mph most of the day. Should I drive to a different area of the lake tomorrow that is more wind/wave friendly or because it is blowing NE, there really isn't a better place. ???

I will be up there tomorrow fishing out of Maziurks. I think the forecast will be good tomorrow might be alittle bumpy in the morning but forecast to lay down as the day goes on. Just take it slow on the drive out to the dumping grounds it's about 6 miles from Maziurks. Good luck looking forward to your report.

Good news IWindsurf just downgraded wind forcast for tomorrow.Got 10mph out NNE at 7am and then 7mph out NE at 10am thru 1pm and back up to 10mph at 4pm.Nowhere to hide from north or NE wind off Huron.

Perfect! Thanks I just picked up some snap on weights at Cabelas and a few more Bandits. I am seeing on my map that the dumping grounds are south of Kellys, east of Marblehead. A large area - that is where I will start looking for fish. Leaving around 5:30 am, I hope I can sleep. Will post an update Thanks again Bob..

Default Huron walleyes

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Long time lurker making my first post. Looking for some feedback for the weekend trip up for walleyes.

Making the drive up this weekend and it's about the same amount drive time to hit Mazuriks or Huron for me. I have not fished out of Huron yet, so a little nervous fishing a new spot, but it's also how you learn right? Seems like the dumping ground is a good starting point going out of Huron?

Or do I stick with east side / north side of Kelly's and fish around the shoals?

For all of you seasoned fishermen/ women what would you do?

Appreciate any feedback.
    6 miles north of CranberryCreek...nice school. Bandits 100-120 unassisted
    RS

Those dumping grounds you are referring to is the cedar point dump.Straight north of cedar point and just east of Marblehead.The Huron dump is off Huron and where Capt Porkchop caught well was east of Huron nearer to Vermillion.But there are fish all over that area so good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgHunter View Post
    6 miles north of CranberryCreek...nice school. Bandits 100-120 unassisted

Thanks for the info appreciate it! What depth of water?