Any new perch reports Any new perch reports Any new perch reports Any new perch reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any new perch reports

Anyone catching any perch or walleye out of catawba around the cans or islands?

Fished off Catawba 16th and 20th. 25 boats were fishing Friday, about 8 boats Yesterday . Not much to write. 16th Perch seemed a little scattered, marked giant clouds of something, Got 17, later cleaned Perch with large larvae and an emerald in puke. On 20th NE wind hid behind Catawba picked up a few, Perch seemed tight to bottom and scattered with a severe case of lock jaw. Good luck, maybe a few more times left.

Quote Originally Posted by C_fish View Post
    Fished off Catawba 16th and 20th. 25 boats were fishing Friday, about 8 boats Yesterday . Not much to write. 16th Perch seemed a little scattered, marked giant clouds of something, Got 17, later cleaned Perch with large larvae and an emerald in puke. On 20th NE wind hid behind Catawba picked up a few, Perch seemed tight to bottom and scattered with a severe case of lock jaw. Good luck, maybe a few more times left.
    What did you have for bait, emeralds or goldies? Thought about trying that area tomorrow.

Any word on the bite further west like around the intake of the lighthouse?

I am going on Tibbles head boat out of Marblehead on Friday with my financial advisor. Not sure if he will go east or west! I will update you all after the trip. A friend of mine went with them last Wed and they fished about six different spots between Green and west. The entire boat of 8 people including the captain caught 34 perch! Long day.

Last Sunday got a limit in four hours about 200 yards sw of A can. Crappie rig with emeralds. Tight to the bottom, and really wasn’t marking much.

Mix of both shiners

Kept 85 last night 1 mile east of harbor light.

PZeiler where is the habor light? Is it close to the intake or meineke ramp? Has anyone else had any luck the last few days. Coming up tomorrow. I was thinking about going out of catawba to where I went a month ago and got 67. Didnt know if anyone had any luck around g can or if the bite is better more west

G can was still holding Perch a week ago. 13th caught 77 for 4 guys SE of G, 14th, 90 perch for 3 guys sw of G, 16th 52 for 3 guys SW of G, 17th 120 perch for Crew of 4 West of G