Last trip tough bite 10/17 Last trip tough bite 10/17 Last trip tough bite 10/17 Last trip tough bite 10/17

Default Last trip tough bite 10/17

Went out with my buddy John for last time before his boat goes into storage Saturday morning.Was not even sure we would get out but the Forcast called for a slight window late morning thru early afternoon.It started cold and pretty rough.We headed to south passage and even though had some lee was still getting rollers coming from west with a south wind.We only caught 3 fish that weighed 12lbs.All 22-23" with no junk or shorts.Had some issues with grass and eventually was checking all the lines every 20 min.Fished for 7hrs.Wind slowed late morning and got really nice thru late morning.Got our fish on a Yozuri parrot at 35,blue chrome bandit at 40 and a chartreuse/blue back bandit at 50.Had a great season and caught a lot of fish.With all the great hatches the future fishing looks bright.

I made the drive up to fish one last time on Saturday. I was sorry I missed fishing Friday. I was inspected and was flagged for my extinguisher not being full. So I lost an hour because of construction traffic paving the road on route 163 going to Walmart. The 3 guys in front of me couldn't Fish because their blower didn't work. Fish were deep east of kelly's. Caught 1 nice female full of eggs trolling at about 15 feet deep so I decided to put a weight on but Wind picked up and had to go. Only fished 2.5 hours. Can't wait till spring. You all have a safe winter.