Best time to troll Best time to troll Best time to troll Best time to troll

Default Best time to troll

I usually make the 3 hour drive up the day before I fish. Looks like I may make the drive and fish in the same day tomorrow. Sounds like the walleye are moving up in the water collum east and north of kelly's. It's going to be partly cloudy unless it changes. Would late morning to early afternoon be a good time to troll or cast for walleye.

Got a good game activity phase tomorrow from 9am till 2pm so my vote is late morning.The activity phase is based on moon position.

Thank you. That's great to hear. If everything line's up maybe I'll get some fish. The weather has been a real roller coaster. Hope it cooperates for me tomorrow. I usually don't go out if the waves are above 2' there have been a lot of 1' to 3' days. To far for me to take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Got a good game activity phase tomorrow from 9am till 2pm so my vote is late morning.The activity phase is based on moon position.
    What do you use to see activity phase? I have the Windy app on my Android which shows this but always looking for other tools.

The game activity is based on moon position.You can find these charts on various websites.I have been unable to find a website I like enough to use so I buy a booklet for $24 and it has the whole year in it so I can plan my hunting days off.The chart seams to work better for deer than walleye and at times the activity, or lack off it, does not seam to correspond to the published activity predicted.But other times it corresponds with a better bite or good deer movement.Just another tool to help you be a more productive sportsman.