Walleye and perch Walleye and perch Walleye and perch Walleye and perch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Walleye and perch

Hello all. I am looking to head up and fish all day Saturday and a little Sunday if the weather cooperates. I am 3 hours away so looking for a little help on what the walleye and perch are doing. I am set up to troll or whatever needs done. Thanks a lot guys. Any help would be appreciated.

Saturday and Sunday are still looking pretty nasty. Better check tomorrow evening before you make the trip. Got my 1 man limit today in 2 1/2 hours just west of g can. Nice fish. Went exploring to h can afterwards and caught 10 more. Very light bite.

I was also planning a trip up Saturday. I'm just under 3 hours away. Weather doesnt look to bad to me. Was gonna head to g can. Winds are supposed to subside, waves also.

I was out east of kellies a week ago caught nice walleyes on stinger scorpions, catdog and shrimp on no 1 dipseys 50 to 80 feet back. That's a good place to start. Perch have been biting well around the green can off of Catawba State Park public ramp, its about a mile west of the ramp. As for the lake condition it does look like the NOAAs forecast is changing every time I look at it lately.
    Let me tell you a story, I was perch fishing northwest of Vermilion one time and the NOAA lake report was saying that the winds at the buoy northwest of Vermilion was 5 mph and waves less than 1 foot! I was anchored right by that buoy in a 4 foot swell, no lie! Check that report but they were calling southwest at 1 foot or less last Tuesday and it was at least 3 feet for most of the day. The lake does what the lake wants to do, go fishing if its too rough go home or go to Jolly Rogers and eat some of their perch, yummy!

Thanks for the report. I'm definitely keeping my eye on the weather. I was up there in august out by d can and the waves were steady 3 footers. I have a 24 foot cruiser so I'm probably a little more comfortable than a smaller boat. That said I dont take any chances. If I'm not comfortable I wont go. We werent gonna get up there till about 9 or 10 so hoping the wind dies down a little

I have found over the years that NOAA is wildly incorrect. I also live 2 1/2 hours away and go strictly by the iwindsurf forecast. I believe it to be accurate 80% of the time.

30 more this morning just west of g can. It was fast and furious finally. Had 5 before the sun broke the horizon. Done at 830. 10 throw backs and 1 small pickerel.

I have checked the weather all day. Tomorrow looks windy in the morning and then slowing down late morning early afternoon. I wont get up there till around 10 so hopefully it will be slowing down. Thanks for the report dansdad. Going to head straight out to g in the morning. If you were west of the can were you in the firing range?

I was only 200 yards west. Someone reported that the entire range was to be closed for a few weeks but there has been many boats inside the range the last 2 weeks. Leave your motor running for 10 minutes after you anchor to stir the perchies up..

Great. Thanks