Walleye and perch Walleye and perch Walleye and perch Walleye and perch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Went for perch on Thursday, caught limit west of Catawba buoy, very light bite. Had to feel through waves for slightest nudge on minnow rig. Went for walleye yesterday, east of kellies. Caught 8 nice fish in 41 fow.

Was you trolling or casting??

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    I was only 200 yards west. Someone reported that the entire range was to be closed for a few weeks but there has been many boats inside the range the last 2 weeks. Leave your motor running for 10 minutes after you anchor to stir the perchies up..
    We use the motor trick, but I’ve noticed if we are playing music with a lot of base, it seems to draw them in too.

That sounds like a good reason to upgrade my stereo system.

Found that over the years perch and walleye like the Rolling Stones the best.

Trolling bandits.

200 yards north of green bouy at catawba. 67 in 4 hours. A few 8-9 but mostly 10-12. One 14 inch hog

Blog Entries

Default Music does catch fish

Quote Originally Posted by Drdave View Post
    Found that over the years perch and walleye like the Rolling Stones the best.
    Did the same thing but we only had a radio on the boat was intermitenly getting a station from Detroit when a good song came on our catch in creased but it may have been our singing also .

I was out by that green buoy off of Catawba got 36 nice perch, noticed a boat close by that had his motor running the whole time he was there, they were picking quite a few perch. They eventually pulled up and went in, I don't know if they were running out of fuel, had carbon monoxide poisoning or got their limit but they pulled anchor and left. They seemed to be catching more fish than us, maybe that motor trick does work. I have heard that using two anchors helps a lot to restrict the boat movement(don't know how they keep from sinking their boat with all the wakes and stuff?) this would be safer as long as your motor doesn't smoke too much!

Quote Originally Posted by northcoastbob View Post
    I was out by that green buoy off of Catawba got 36 nice perch, noticed a boat close by that had his motor running the whole time he was there, they were picking quite a few perch. They eventually pulled up and went in, I don't know if they were running out of fuel, had carbon monoxide poisoning or got their limit but they pulled anchor and left. They seemed to be catching more fish than us, maybe that motor trick does work. I have heard that using two anchors helps a lot to restrict the boat movement(don't know how they keep from sinking their boat with all the wakes and stuff?) this would be safer as long as your motor doesn't smoke too much!
    Chumming. Kinda like saying "We're here, perch. Come get some!"