October fishing October fishing October fishing October fishing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October fishing

Default October fishing

Hey wondering if anybody can give me some pointers on fishing lake Erie in fall? I've never fished there in the fall and would like to try. What area and type of lures. Are they deep or swallower? Any help would be awesome. Thanks alot

What are u fishing for, the perch fishing is great right now Monday I caught 30 in two hours around the toledo light house.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addiction View Post
    What are u fishing for, the perch fishing is great right now Monday I caught 30 in two hours around the toledo light house.
    Was thinking mainly walleye. I've never perch fished on lake erie yet.

I normally do well east of Kellys and north of cedar point this time of year, but this year has been tough.
    If you're casting try north east point of kellys and the shoals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish nut View Post
    Was thinking mainly walleye. I've never perch fished on lake erie yet.
    U should try it right now it's easy to get limits depending on where u go. and delicious to eat better than walleye IMO.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Walleye will stage off Huron in the fall and early winter.That area can extend to the east side of Kellies and north.The bite had slowed way down the past week due to the cold weather turning the lake over.The catching should improve soon with some stable weather.The most common way to catch now should be crankbaits and some spoons for a little while longer.The fish should be more active higher in water column too.They are also catching fish casting worm harnesses and weight forward on the shoals.Gull and Kellies island both are great areas to cast for walleye in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Walleye will stage off Huron in the fall and early winter.That area can extend to the east side of Kellies and north.The bite had slowed way down the past week due to the cold weather turning the lake over.The catching should improve soon with some stable weather.The most common way to catch now should be crankbaits and some spoons for a little while longer.The fish should be more active higher in water column too.They are also catching fish casting worm harnesses and weight forward on the shoals.Gull and Kellies island both are great areas to cast for walleye in the fall.
    I was thinking of coming sometime the third week of october. Crankbaits? Like deep bandits etc or shallower stuff. Do have a boat ramp suggestion in that area? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addiction View Post
    U should try it right now it's easy to get limits depending on where u go. and delicious to eat better than walleye IMO.
    Wheres the Toledo light house?

Huron or Mazuricks is best ramp in that area.Yes,deep bandits have been catching all year and should catch well into winter.

As the fish go deeper, is anyone pulling shallow bandits behind 50 jets with big boards?