Lake Side/Marblehead reports?? Lake Side/Marblehead reports?? Lake Side/Marblehead reports?? Lake Side/Marblehead reports??

Default Lake Side/Marblehead reports??

Had boat on the lake recalibrating the auto pilot Saturday and noticed a concentration of boats just off Lake Side between Marblehead and Kellys. Anyone know and want to share if they are catching anything at that location? It traditionally would be a perch area this time of year I believe.

Baha299

Thumbs up

I would say that the perch are finally showing up... and becoming active. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baha299 View Post
    Had boat on the lake recalibrating the auto pilot Saturday and noticed a concentration of boats just off Lake Side between Marblehead and Kellys. Anyone know and want to share if they are catching anything at that location? It traditionally would be a perch area this time of year I believe.

Baha299
    I was probably one of the boats you saw out there. Fishing was pretty dismal everywhere Saturday. Started near Lakeside in 25 FOW, then moved into 18 FOW water. Marked a few pockets of fish but didn't catch any. Moved around to east of Marblehead Lighthouse, still nothing. Moved to an area SW of the dumping grounds in 35 FOW and managed to pickup 5 perch. That was it for the day.

Know two charter captains, one who went north of Kelly's Island and one up near Middle Bass. Both caught about a dozen each. There was a huge pack west of the Catawba Island state park, but I heard from others that they didn't do much of anything either.