This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Default Re: This Old Boat!

I must have missed you we were down there yesterday (Saturday ) fished 4 hours in front of intake , 20 walleye .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    I must have missed you we were down there yesterday (Saturday ) fished 4 hours in front of intake , 20 walleye .
    Yes we missed you we went out Friday but only fished from 12 pm to 3:30 bite slowed down when the wind shifted so we headed in to get back to Columbus next trip hopefully is Again this Thursday and will start earlier and start at the Intake

Blog Entries

I fished Friday morning a real hot day but not a hot bite, managed 3 one a shorty sent back to grow a little, also caught a nice yellow perch and big channel cat and 1 drum fished north west of the Toledo water intake 23 foot of water stayed outside the pack of boats , casting green/ white Erie Dearies no wind but a nice hot and sunny day on the water. Upon my arrival at the my dock I was met by a State Watercraft Officer who did a check on my safety equipment and we got a thumbs up so all good , by the way this "officer was also a gentleman " after the inspection we chatted about fishing and got to know each other a little . I cant wait till next Friday to try again .

PS there appears to be nets on the south side of the intake FYI
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 05-22-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Yes we missed you we went out Friday but only fished from 12 pm to 3:30 bite slowed down when the wind shifted so we headed in to get back to Columbus next trip hopefully is Again this Thursday and will start earlier and start at the Intake
    Captain Tacky did you get back up we fished the turn around bouy yesterday and today but it was pretty rough
    also 3 men were rescued Thursday I guess they fell in with no life jackets on just a reminder for us all with the waves and weather we have been having
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 06-19-2021 at 06:00 PM.

I Live 10 Minutes from the marina , look for you each time I down there .your boat is very near mine .
    I blew my Port Motor, boat is currently out ,sitting on trailer near the Store at the end of the road we are on.
    New motor ordered , hope to get it in this week , just in time for the Mayfly hatch to slow and fishing to turn on again !
    do you have a Camping trailer you stay in when here , you may be in town when I am at the marina but not see you at Boat

Blog Entries

Capt give me a call when you get a chance 614 397 5834

Blog Entries

Been out fishing on this old boat and having a great time we went out last Friday casting fished around the intake large pack of boats so we stayed on the outside drifting with erie dearies and weapons caught lots of shorts but managed 6 23 to 26 inch walleye 2 large yellow perch about 8 white perch and a couple of sheep head great fishing , biggest fish was caught when we came in to around 16 ft of water east of little cedar point
    on the way in noticed a problem with starting and found my port exhaust Manifold has water getting into # 7 cylinder my motor is a 440 Chrysler its the log style manifold if any one has or knows where I can get a good used one let me know I found it new on line but a good used would be ok also .

Blog Entries

Well like every one I'm thinking about fishing, I plan on being out on this old boat again if weather permits last Friday in Feb. Still need to replace some soft floor spots and finish some work left over from fall think I will install a 35hp outboard for trolling and a get home motor . Being a drifter and caster I'm going to try trolling a little this year so looking for a few trolling supplies any suggestions on rods, reels, planner boards and lures ?

Blog Entries

Well like many of you I'm thinking of fishing it's only 7 Fridays until the first trip to the lake weather permitting, still Need to replace some soft spots in floor and finish a manifold on this old boat. I picked up a 35hp outboard to use as a trolling and a get home motor so will install that also. My being a diehard caster and drift fisherman the trolling will be a new venture any suggestions on gear rods, reels, planer boards, lures etc.?This Old Boat!-35-hp-outboard-jpg
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 01-15-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Blog Entries

If I install center of Stern will rudder give any control or should I mount to starboard side and attach cable to rudder