This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Blog Entries

Ok Capt. That gives me a little time to do some repairs and upgrades ! Was up at Meinke Marina today gorgeous day a little windy but warm , marina is still full of ice and ramps frozen in .

Blog Entries

Boy if any one wants to see a pretty picture log onto Erie Webcams Lake Erie Webcams | Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islandscheck catawba Island view the water is as about as pretty as I have ever seen almost looks like the ocean, blue and clear all the way to the smoke stack looks like north west winds and just a walleye chop cant wait to get out there
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 03-12-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Blog Entries

I was able to spend some time last Friday getting some work done replaced starter , Oil cooler , raw water pump , new batteries , replaced belts. oil and filter etc . boat started right up and idled smooth looking forward to maybe getting the lift to set her into water Wednesday , as I have been reading the fishing is improving so going to see how she does . Just a note to any who have a Coast guard documented vessel the cost to have it transfer currently is $450.00 and it takes up to 6 months to complete you can pay an additional $75.00 to expedite and this will get you a operators certificate to enable use of boat while the transfer is being completed .
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 04-13-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: This Old Boat!

Well got the boat in this afternoon ran pretty good a few odds and ends to straighten out left Meinke at 3 pm ran for about 4 hours just got back in with out calling forf tow boat . Since we're on the far west side of the lake any areas we can fish close to home until I'm a little more confident in her

MBLMike
    Not sure how close you want to stay but the pear to the right (4 miles) and to the left, west/southwest of A-can (6-7 miles) have been producing. In front of Metzgers and Crane should be producing as well.

I’m at Meinke’s as well, D-82

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yrick82 View Post
    MBLMike
    Not sure how close you want to stay but the pear to the right (4 miles) and to the left, west/southwest of A-can (6-7 miles) have been producing. In front of Metzgers and Crane should be producing as well.

I’m at Meinke’s as well, D-82
    thanks im at g2

I am At G33 just down from you , 270 Searay Amberjack has deck that goes between G32 and G33 with Picnic table and 2 Dock Boxes , other Boat in my well ( not in yet ) is my neighbor from home . stop and visit .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    I am At G33 just down from you , 270 Searay Amberjack has deck that goes between G32 and G33 with Picnic table and 2 Dock Boxes , other Boat in my well ( not in yet ) is my neighbor from home . stop and visit .
    Thanks will do I am in Columbus Ohio and have a auto repair shop so cant come up as often as I would like but will check you out next trip. here is my number also 614 397 5834

Blog Entries

Coast Guard Documented Vessel I found out this "old boat" being an ex charter boat is a Coast Guard documented vessel so the transfer of ownership is a bit more complex than a usual title transfer and I wanted to pass this info along , after learning a valuable and costly lesson there is a web site that gives misleading information and has the appearance of being the US Coast Guard when you call them to have the boat transfer done you think your paying for the transfer but your actually paying for a service to have them do the transfer they are charging 3 to 4 times the cost to do this , unfortunately I did not realize this until I actually did contact the actual US Coast Guard today and they confirmed that this has been an ongoing problem they have been trying to stop for several years . Just an FYI

Blog Entries

So got up to the the old boat Thursday found several inches of water in the bilge from all the rain I checked pumps not working and the hose was cracked on front pump so water would have just returned if it was running. The store at Meinke Marina had every thing that was needed ( and price checked them found they were cheaper than even the online suppliers) I replaced the hose , rear pump and rewired switch also got all the Navigation lights working so were ready to hit the Water Friday morning .

Went out to the pack of boats around crane creek stayed west of the pack a with a less than .4 mph drift casting purple hair jig tipped with whole crawler caught 4 walleye and couple of drum and several white perch . A really great day to be on the water .

Want to say thanks to all the help and advise this site shares Some thing I recently read here but did not fully understand was about trolling and staying out of a boats line its a whole different thing when your out with say a hundred boats stretched out over several miles navigating through drifters , trollers and anchored boats , yesterday the majority of people got it right
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 05-15-2021 at 07:17 AM.