This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Default Re: This Old Boat!

I received my Diawa line counters from Fish USA today.They had been on backorder for past 5wks.FYI or for anybody else looking for gear before spring.

Blog Entries

Good you got your reels, I received 2 Okumas ,reels and 2 Daiwa wilderness 8.6 rods and a couple of offshore planers looking at some lures any suggestions ?

Looking at crankbaits,the Bandit brand is best for all around ease of use and wide range of water temps.Start with less costly stock colors.Top color is Blue Chrome,get 2.Others are Humble bee,black head wonderbread,popsicle,khaki,fire tiger.

As usual Bob has great advice
    The Bndits you want are deep Walleye. And as he suggested, go with stock colors at first.
    For fun I thought about Bob's suggestions and the only one I would add is the Parrot Head. If I where limited to just one crankbait for the entire season and everyday I fished, I too would go with the chrome blue back.

BTW I believe the "black head wonder bread" he references is called Fruit Dot.
    Mike

Yes,to be specific, buy the deep walleye bandit lures.They also make shallow walleye bandits too,but we dont have any of the shallow lures and i rarely read of many people using them.So if you read a report of someone using a Bandit lure,assume it was a deep walleye Bandit.There are also quite a few people painting custom crankbaits.They are more pricey.Running from $12-15 each for custom Bandits.Some of my favorite custom colors are IB frozen,pooh bear purple, RC crush,Huff Daddy(Domka)and White Perch(Warrior).You can go crazy trying to keep track of all the custom colors of cranks people are making now.Sure they catch plenty of fish but an old saying fits here.Fishing lures are meant to catch fishermen,not fish.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advise I have the bandits in the colors you all have suggested on order getting close to splashing the boat again and trying these suggestions

Blog Entries

Looked at the satellite image this afternoon the ice is breaking up and you can see open water on the lake Erie web cameras it won't be long now with the right wind and a few more warm rains I hope to get up there first Friday in March and do some work on the this old boat , install a trolling motor mount and rear floor rod holders new batteries replace a cracked window etc.

Blog Entries

I think I seen a video yesterday Saturday the 26th that showed open water at the ramp at Cataba was I dreaming ?

Read post on OGF that Huron ramp open to lake but have not seen post of anybody going fishing yet.Have not heard word of any other ramp open yet.

Blog Entries

GREAT ! I looked at the lake erie web cam for Huron and it was open water also it won't be long now maybe a couple of weeks . I also ordered some bandits from a local bait shop and a couple more Daiwa wilderness trolling rods they also had the Daiwa trolling reels so that should get us going set and up with 4 rigs and a good selection of crank baits .