Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020 Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020

Default Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020

Woke up at 3:30 and checked the wind forecast for today. It had gone down enough to make the call to go this morning, so I sent Greg a text to have them meet me at Mazurik's for a 7am launch.

They showed up right on time and we launched. The wind was only around 10 out of the SW when we headed to the north side of Kelly's island, so it was an easy ride out. It picked up to around 15mph when we were setting lines.

We were targeting deep fish over 44-47 feet of water and set up with Bandits run with the 3oz snap weights 20/90, 20/70, and 20/50 back behind Off Shore boards at a speed of 2.2mph. However, the wind had picked up, so the swells had us going from 1.8-2.5mph.

We ran one dipsey off each corner on the zero setting at 52 and 58 back with a Yaleye Mooneye Minnow (don't know the name of the color, but it's a purple/maroon back and sides, white/clear belly, and a chart chin) and an IB Frozen Ripplin Redfin.

Everything took fish today. Bandit colors were Taco Salad, (2) Humble Bee w/ black stripes, Red Headed Wonder Bread, Fruit Dots, and Wild Thing. Humble Bee w/stripes caught 8 of our 18 today.

The lake was 2 to 3's north of the island this morning, but wasn't uncomfortable at all. Then, when it was time to come back in at 1pm, the lake had laid down again, so it was fortuitous that it was laid down when we went out and went back in again. I couldn't have planned it any better even if I had Mother Nature's cell phone number and politely asked her to do that.

Greg and Ray were happy to get their limit today after only getting 7 yesterday over by Huron, so that made me happy too.

I'm off for the next three days, and will be back out on Saturday with Jeff Hawk. His luck has been bad when it comes to weather, and has had to reschedule three times now. It's going to be cold this weekend, but then warming back up to mid 70's early next week. I like seeing the water temps dropping, so those big schools of walleye will head back this way from the east. Hopefully, this cold snap gets them moving and puts the feedbag on them. We shall see....

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day 2 with Greg and Ray 9/29/2020-greg-ray-9_29_2020a-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters