Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020 Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020 Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020 Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020

Default Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020

I headed to A and J Bait at 5:20am this morning... and, I was second in line... (They open at 6am). Then, drove home and got in the truck, and towed the boat over to Catawba to launch.

We started, a few miles out from the Portage River this morning, but didn't get into anything, so we headed north to the reef complex. That area has been doing well the past couple of weeks, so I was hoping they were still biting up that way. We marked a bunch of something that looked like perch, but they didn't bite. Ugh....

We moved around near Big Pickerel Reef about 5 times and then left with only one in the cooler. Then, we headed to Niagara to check that area out and caught one more. (This was not how I wanted their 4 day trip to end...with no fish in the cooler. Aarrrggghhh!)

It was now 10 am and we have only two perch in the cooler. We were getting ready to move down to D Can when I got a text from Greg Yarbrough, who asked how we were doing. I told him, and he told me to come by them, which is basically close to where we started this morning.

On the way down from Niagara I had to pass through the firing range. I didn't know it was supposed to be closed off for Camp Perry's big gun practice, because I never heard the coastguard come across channel 16 to alert us.

So, I got an ass chewing by the guy that gets to run around in a big boat and kick people out of there. He was feeling much too self important, I think. lol Anyway....my own fault...He was trying to catch me with his big white boat, but it was a flat lake today, and there was no way he was catching me in a Ranger. Ha!
    So, I stopped and turned back around to talk to him, when I should have just kept going.

He did say, in-between his insults, that it will probably be closed now for a couple of months. What? What's going on? Are we going to war or something? Why all the artillary practice... for two months? Sheesh! That takes out a lot of good perch'n water. Grrrrr

So, at the end of the day this was how our day went....at 10am we had two fish and by noon we had our 90.

It was a good day, and the weather was perfect. The Brenton brothers had a great time and have already rebooked for the same 4 days next year. And, as you guessed it...that makes me happy!

Tomorrow, I'm fishing with a couple of my regular customers, Steve and Jeremy Chapman. We will be perch'n again...so, that means I'll be up early and waiting in a line for shiners at the bait shop again.

I do know that the "Fisherman's Wharf" over on Madison Street in Port Clinton will be getting Emeralds in tomorrow morning (Friday), but they didn't know what time they were being delivered, so they will have them tomorrow, sometime, and for the weekend, if you need some.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020-bob-bruce-brenton-9_24_2020fjpg-jpg Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020-bob-bruce-brenton-9_24_2020g-jpg Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020-bob-bruce-brenton-9_24_2020n8pgslvnruwaxa52xjixbq-jpg Perch'n Day 4 with Bob and Bruce Brenton 9/24/2020-bob-bruce-brenton-9_24_2020h-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

That was a great post. Thanks.

Soooo... is that the entire area inside the cans that's closed? Or just the smaller "impact area" or whatever they call it in the southwest corner? I'm fishing the area this weekend so trying to figure out what's off limits.

The boat that had the seagulls around it was a clue.That boat was catching perch.When we motored through a pack perch fishing.We looked for those seagulls.Was often a good area to fish.

Uhm I wouldn’t take our freedom for granted geeeez. Seriously....smh

The entire area. Just like in the “old” days!

Quote Originally Posted by ttinman23 View Post
    Uhm I wouldn’t take our freedom for granted geeeez. Seriously....smh
    SMH....I think you're reading more into my post than was ever intended. Sorry, if it offended you.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters