The village pump Kelley's island The village pump Kelley's island The village pump Kelley's island The village pump Kelley's island

Default The village pump Kelley's island

Does anyone know the dipping sauce recipe they serve with their perch basket at the village pump. I love cocktail, tarter even want to try bang bang sauce heard that was good. But can't put my finger on what they are using. It's like a sweet brown mustard or something I think. Was just wondering if any locals there might know.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    Does anyone know the dipping sauce recipe they serve with their perch basket at the village pump. I love cocktail, tarter even want to try bang bang sauce heard that was good. But can't put my finger on what they are using. It's like a sweet brown mustard or something I think. Was just wondering if any locals there might know.
    Contact Gary Finger the owner of the Pump - he's the man - maybe he'll share. Their pink tartar sauce is the best....

I'll do that, hope it's not a secret. Better yet I'll stop in and have a Brandy Alexander and ask him personally. Made some fried Perch for dinner this evening and wished I had it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Default Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I'll do that, hope it's not a secret. Better yet I'll stop in and have a Brandy Alexander and ask him personally. Made some fried Perch for dinner this evening and wished I had it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    If you get recipe post it for me . Thanks

Gary is a good friend of mine for decades! He shared the secret ingredient with me and try as I may...I can't duplicate the taste, so...I just keep going back to the Village Pump for the BEST perch anywhere! You think we have a hard time catching perch, imagine having a famous waterfront restaurant known for the BEST Lake Erie perch money can buy and trying to keep up with the demand of frustrated fisherman stopping by for lunch or dinner. In these hard times of social distancing and Corona virus concerns, we should appreciate people like Gary and his wife Jackie for all they do to make our visits to Kelley's Island complete! Oh, by the way, has anyone ever considered adding LeMix to tartar sauce?
    Hmmm...I think somebody out there did but I'll never tell who! Tight Lines!

I'm sure the shut down has hurt and now winter is knocking on the door, can't be easy. I will give the LeMix a try. Thank you.