Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020 Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020 Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020 Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020

Default Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020

My crew was supposed to fish with me yesterday, but more strong NE winds kept us off the lake....again. But, today was forecast to be a nice day, so we met at Mazurik's at 6:45 for a 7am launch time. The sunrise pic isn't as pretty as it usually is, due to all the smoke in the atmosphere from all the fires out west right now. (I can't help but feel such sorrow for all those folks and poor animals that have died or have been displaced because of them when I see that sun in the morning..it's heartbreaking for sure...I can only imagine the devastation left behind).

Anyhoooo...I digress....

Since I hadn't been walleye fishing for the past 7days, due to wind, weather, or rescheduling, I didn't really have a starting point, so we headed east of Kelly's. We first landed over by the Huron dump...on the NE side of it, but didn't mark many fish there.

We were set up and trolling back to the west when I got a phone call from another Capt that told me they were catching back to the west of where we were, so we picked up and moved back closer to Kelly's, and set up again.

We started with two Bandits on each side behind Off Shore boards. The port side ran 3 oz weights and the starboard side ran 2 oz weights. 50/90 and 50/80 on the port side and 50/100 and 50/75 on the starboard side.

The usual dipsey program was set out with spoons on the 1 and 3 settings. The 1 setting was out 54 and 60 back and the 3 setting was out 75 and 100 back. The 60 was eventually brought back up to 54 also, because that setting took several fish.

Speed today ranged from 1.8-3.0mph...fish hit at all speeds, so I could never really dial that in, to garner a better catch rate. We would catch one, and then I would look at the speed we were going when it hit and try to keep it there, hoping to get another, but then nothing. But, as soon as I would change up the speed either higher or lower, we would catch another one.....sigh. It was frustrating, to say the least.

We ended up with 12 keepers in the box, which was only 1/2 of our 24 fish limit for the four of us, and a bunch of smaller fish that had to be let go due to their size.

The guys did a great job learning how to set the lines and watching for telltale signs of a fish on. Sometimes, those dipsies can be sneaky. A fish hits it, but if you don't see the hit it will immediately just give up and drag behind without any movement in the rod tip. If the fish doesn't "pop the dipsey", it can be hard to tell a fish is there. The crew was checking them often to make sure little buggers weren't hanging too long.

Tomorrow's weather is looking pretty decent too. 15mph wind of the SW, a low of 50 in the morning and a high of 79 by the afternoon, and sunshine...so, that will work well for the area I was fishing today. I'm fishing with Heather Tinsley and her 7 year old son.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020-mike-marcus-brian-9_15_2020a-jpg Fishing with Mike, Marcus, and Brian 9/15/2020-mike-marcus-brian-9_15_2020b-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

You came and sat down right next to me but then left. You should have stayed there....we caught a 3 man limit in under 3 hours. We were slightly west of the small pack of boats east of Kelly’s.

Very good as is usual Capt. and so sad for the fire situation.. I remember back in the 1980's there were some forest fires in West Virginia. Clear up here in NW Ohio a large band of smoke came through at low levels. It was thick and smelled just like a wood fire smells. I was wondering if a hint of the smell could be noticed?

Kent
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

You mean I set down and turned NE to make a trolling pass....is that what you mean by "left"?
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
    Very good as is usual Capt. and so sad for the fire situation.. I remember back in the 1980's there were some forest fires in West Virginia. Clear up here in NW Ohio a large band of smoke came through at low levels. It was thick and smelled just like a wood fire smells. I was wondering if a hint of the smell could be noticed?

Kent
    No...no smell yet. It's too high in the atmosphere over here, I think.
    [email protected]

Yesterdays sunset was bad. Didn't know why, now I do. Sunset today is pretty clear. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    You mean I set down and turned NE to make a trolling pass....is that what you mean by "left"?
    No, you came in under power, stopped not far from me, gave it a few minute look and headed SW. I was going to radio you to stay where you were because you were right over my hot spot, but you were running fast and I figured you wouldn’t even hear the radio. I was in the Hewescraft with the black top. Looks really similar to Sams boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    No, you came in under power, stopped not far from me, gave it a few minute look and headed SW. I was going to radio you to stay where you were because you were right over my hot spot, but you were running fast and I figured you wouldn’t even hear the radio. I was in the Hewescraft with the black top. Looks really similar to Sams boat.
    Oh okay...when I first got over there in the area. I was headed SW from there, to go set up and come back over that area.
    [email protected]