Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9 Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9 Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9 Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9

Default Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9

We launched at 6:30 from Mazurik and it was foggy and Dark so we made our way north with the radar on at a slow pace until it was light enough to see. The wind was blowing out of the north east this morning so when we got around kellys on the north side we faced some 4' rollers coming in but they where spread out fairly good so it wasn't that bad. We motored out to the the east end of the shoal to the canada line and set up with the waves. Same program as yesterday 170 to 130 total line out with 50' lead and 2oz weight. speed was 2.5, and we had 6 fish on the first pass and then it got quiet. I decided to change up some colors since it was so dark out today. I switched up with some darker baits. Black bodies with chartreuse dots, black back with gold sides, dark purple backs and that change made a difference. We started picking up fish steady after the change. We picked up their limits and I reeled in mine too. We caught a very good grade of fish today plus a bonus 17 lb catfish (they had it weighed at the cleaner). That was quite a fight on a walleye rod. Turned out to be a very dark and foggy day but the walleye didn't seem to care. Had a really good time fishing with this crew. Glad to be back on the lake chasing walleye for the rest of summer and fall. More trips coming this weekend. Tight lines and see you on the lake.
    Day 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9-9920-020-jpgDay 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9-9920-021-jpgDay 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9-9920-017-jpgDay 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9-9920-018-jpgDay 2 with my Iowa Crew 9/9-9920-019-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Great work Sam! You always figure them out in short order. I hope to see you up there soon.

Great job, Capt and crew! Nice catch! I went perch'n that day, but it sucked....1 perch and two gobies in three hours by Rattle, Sugar, West Reef, and west of Rattle...sigh. I'm not out again until Monday...if that wind forecast doesn't change, it might not be until Tuesday....deeper sigh.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great Job Capt.! You definitely have the touch! That crew is awesome. I'm glad you got them on the fish! We struggled the day before. Thanks again for the referral.
    Capts. Matt and Jen

Thanks Capt. The wind and storms can subside anytime. Fishing in 4' rollers isn't really all that fun.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH