Walleye Walleye Walleye Walleye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye

Default Walleye

Anyone doing any good up there recently? Havent heard many reports lately. I know a couple weeks ago northeast of kellys was doing pretty decent. Was thinking about making the 2 and a half hour trek up this weekend but was hoping to find some decent reports. Anyone got anything?

We are hoping to get out fishing this weekend for walleye too.As you can see,not many reports to read.Not much fishing this past weekend due to weather.Not a lot of walleye charters during this time of year either.People will be out today and the next few days,so hopefully they will find some cooperative fish to catch.Those walleye east of Kellies still have to be there and i'll bet that is where people will be fishing again.Wind forcast this week not looking the best either,but this far away from weekend,bound to change.

Why isnt there many walleye charters this time of year? I always thought the walleye fishing was still good in September and October

The best months to catch walleye are traditionally May and June and the charters fill up those dates first.The water heats up and slows down the fishing in August and Sept.October gets good again as the water cools as fish move west.You can still catch fish all summer long though if you know where and what your doing.

Well clearly I just need to stay in touch with you. Ha ha. I bought all new walleye gear about 2 months ago. Rods, reels, dipseys, bandits, spoons, boards. I got everything I always hear about. Still have yet to use any due to weather. Was hoping to maybe run up sunday and try around kellys

A good friend of mine, fishing by himself, caught 5 on the west side of Kelly’s. Don’t have any numbers but didn’t sound like he was too far off it. Doesn’t have a big boat, so east wind made it sloppy unless you were in the lee of one of the islands. He was using dipsies and crawler harnesses exclusively.

Perfect. Thanks. Hopefully gonna try to come up sunday

Went out Monday morning. East wind drove us to west side of Kellys. About 11:00, wind calmed down a little, made run to east side of island and caught 8 keepers and 1 throw back in about 40 FOW.

What were you running?

Bandits, all colors