Clip on weights Clip on weights Clip on weights Clip on weights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clip on weights

1. Default

I needed some new clips and when I went to buy the ones I wanted they were out of stock until November from Amazon. I did finally find some to order but have never used them so we'll see. I checked several sites and they were all out of stock on good ones.

Some of the knock offs will slip. Since, I am mostly fishing shallow inland lakes,I only put my weight 5-6 feet up the line and put a tiny slit shot on the line below the clip or I have put a tiny drop of super glue on my line as a stop and it'll reel right through the guides. If you get your glue too heavy trim it with nail clippers after it dries. I will do this before I'm on the water usually.

I purchased tattleflag kits for all my Offshore Boards, so that gave me a surplus of OR 16 clips. They even had split rings. Just spin on a 2.0z- etc. trolling sinker and your in business. I have never had one slip or come off. I hear about cheaper stuff or Knock offs, but I like to give fellow anglers and an American Company some business. So I do not mind paying a bit more and I have had to buy them once because they stay put and keep on working . Even on Power Pro 30 braid.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
    I purchased tattleflag kits for all my Offshore Boards, so that gave me a surplus of OR 16 clips. They even had split rings. Just spin on a 2.0z- etc. trolling sinker and your in business. I have never had one slip or come off. I hear about cheaper stuff or Knock offs, but I like to give fellow anglers and an American Company some business. So I do not mind paying a bit more and I have had to buy them once because they stay put and keep on working . Even on Power Pro 30 braid.
    100% agree!

OMG agree with Kent and eyecrazy too.

Blog Entries

Default Just a suggestion for the clip on Cabels's weights

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    OMG agree with Kent and eyecrazy too.
    I just got my Cabela's clip on weights and a couple of the snaps were not holding and I was afraid they would fall off my line; therefore I bought some castrating bands and slid them over the snap for more pressure. When you go to release the snap the band just slides back but not off and is ready to use again when you reset the line.

Sorry, tried to attach picture but could not figure it out
    Attached Images Attached Images Clip on weights-snap-weight-jpg 

Don't think I'm going to buy the Cabela's next time. I lost two in a row this year and thought it was just me being forgetful. I've got two left so I'll use your tip. Your picture worked. Thanks