Clip on weights Clip on weights Clip on weights Clip on weights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clip on weights

That's a great idea. I loss two Cabela snap weights this year and was going to replace them before next season. I'll give that a try. Two ounces sliding 50 feet or so down the line would scare me a bit. But sounds like you have tried and tested it. You don't lose fish on that rig.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    That's a great idea. I loss two Cabela snap weights this year and was going to replace them before next season. I'll give that a try. Two ounces sliding 50 feet or so down the line would scare me a bit. But sounds like you have tried and tested it. You don't lose fish on that rig.
    Been fishing them like that for a long time. As a matter of fact I run the weights all the time, even when fish are shallow. The reason I do this is because in Michigan waters with most wind direction you get "floaters" from the Detroit River. These are small pieces of weed that are all over the place. With the weights it tends to catch these pieces of weed and doesn't let them get to the baits and fowl them. Some days it makes a big difference. It keeps your baits in the water much longer between cleanings.

Fisherman's Central in Catawba has in line weight kits. They have three different assortments from $10-30. I got the basic one. Comes with 6 weights (2 each, 1 oz, 2 oz, and 3 oz) and 2 clips. I have 2 extra clips from my boards that I bought rings for. Just bought it last weekend and haven't tried them yet.

Have been using type from scheels.com. They stay put without wrapping line and hold well.
    Attached Images Attached Images Clip on weights-2d7a4659-ad1d-4b31-b4de-e364de9bb850-jpg 

Fishhawk2700, what brand of knock offs do you use? I’ve seen some on amazon, but wondered if they stay on braided line or slide down. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keeps it reel View Post
    Have been using type from scheels.com. They stay put without wrapping line and hold well.
    I checked the scheels web site the only lips they show are the red off shore. Do you have a link where I an find the clips you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrobo View Post
    Fishhawk2700, what brand of knock offs do you use? I’ve seen some on amazon, but wondered if they stay on braided line or slide down. Thanks

Look on ebay. Search "Offshore releases" the knock offs will pop up. They are from china and you do get a bad one now and then but for the price it's worth it.I don't run braid very often and when I do it's with divers of some type. Braid is slippery. My guess is you would have to give it a wrap with the Offshore type releases.

[QUOTE=Buckeye Bob;69797]I checked the scheels web site the only lips they show are the red off shore. Do you have a link where I an find the clips you use.

Looks like they are out of stock. Another note I use braided line and clip does not slip.

[/https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-outfitters-snap-weights-2-pack/17661-XSW2.html

Scheels Website is acting weird. I purchased 2 oz and 3 oz about a month ago. Now they don’t show up. Might try calling.

I use a cheap bank sinker and rubber band. Thread the rubber band through the eye of the sinker and over itself, then rubber band over the line and drop the sinker through the rubber band.
    When reeling in just grap the sinker and rip it off. Costs next to nothing, they never come off accidentally.
    Just keep the bag of rubber bands out of the sun. A 1 pound bag lasts a long time.