Getting schooled and humbled by my buddy John Getting schooled and humbled by my buddy John Getting schooled and humbled by my buddy John Getting schooled and humbled by my buddy John

Default Getting schooled and humbled by my buddy John

We trolled for walleye today east of kellies.Went on John's boat today.He had been badgering me to try different lures and colors,even though we had been catching pretty well.I finally said ok,I'm gonna show him how much he thinks he knows.I told John he can run whatever he wants on the three rods on his side and I'm gonna run what I want on the other side.John loves the humble bee bandit and I knew he was going to run that.He also picked a popsicle bandit which I would have run also.Then on the dipsey had a shallow lipped perch color crank he found god knows where.
    Well.his lures all worked well.I even eventually changed my side out to another humble bee and that perch color crank on my dipsey.Had to admit defeat and pay him his one dollar bet.
    We got our 18/37 lbs in 5hrs.The bandits on boards did best around 130-150 with 2oz and that perch color crank on the dipsies caught like 5 fish,but mostly early then not much later.Put my Yozuri on eventually and it caught a few fish in color vEYErus.Slowed down near the end and had to work for our last few fish.

Why were you only running 6 lines if you had three people? I'm assuming you had three people since you said you brought in 18 walleye. Just curious....
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

So you were legal on lines in the water and illegal with the fish you kept?

We had 3 people but only 6 rod holders.John has those 4 gunwhale rod holders holes and we have a triple tube Cisco gimbel in the front tubes.I could add two more rods in the rear empty tubes but been reluctant to try thinking they would get in the way of bringing fish in.The fishing has been so good lately that the 6 rods we are using has been enough.I heard you once Juls,on the radio but sounded far away.Interesting that we did not catch any shorts yesterday and maybe 4 white perch/bass.Dropped a few fish too as usual but not too many.

Sounds like the bite is pretty good up there. Hopefully I can get back up in a couple weeks and get on some walleye since my first trip up didnt allow for that.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    We had 3 people but only 6 rod holders.John has those 4 gunwhale rod holders holes and we have a triple tube Cisco gimbel in the front tubes.I could add two more rods in the rear empty tubes but been reluctant to try thinking they would get in the way of bringing fish in.The fishing has been so good lately that the 6 rods we are using has been enough.I heard you once Juls,on the radio but sounded far away.Interesting that we did not catch any shorts yesterday and maybe 4 white perch/bass.Dropped a few fish too as usual but not too many.
    I see...makes perfect sense. I wouldn't run those back ones either.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters