Need info on turtle creek @ besse area ramps Need info on turtle creek @ besse area ramps Need info on turtle creek @ besse area ramps Need info on turtle creek @ besse area ramps
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Need info on turtle creek and davis besse area ramps

Does anyone know what ramps would be the best to use to get out to the reefs?, and cost to use at turtle creek. It's been a long time since going out the touissant,i remember it being tricky at the mouth of the lake with sand bars. How deep are the the guys fishing and are they using the jig w/stinger and large shiner on the reefs? I heard 12 to 14ft was producing limits outside turtle creek. planning on going out apr 4/5, appreciate any advice. thanks

Fish on
    Last edited by Fish On; 03-27-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: heading should say davis bessee area ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply

Hey Buddy,
    Yep its me. I been catchin em like crazy off the camp perry. Good luck man.

Fish Fever Guest

Default David besse

Beef creek marina is a good place to launch, $5 and a nice cleaning station with water and electric.

Gregrn Guest

Default ramps

Used Fenwick today and it was great service as always, still $5 to launch, 2 wide ramps 4 boats at a time, lots of parking close to ramp. Lamberjacks looked good also as we passed by. Saw several fish taken in 12-14' just past the mudline, we started out late 1200 and only got 1 22" jack 4#2oz. Others coming in said hit was on 8-12. Fenwick and the rest are right on Rt 2 across from Happy Hooker. Hope it helps

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Fenwick just west of Besse is $5. Like those ramps. Wild Wings are closer to Besse by a little $10. Lamberjacks near Fenwick I believe $5 too.

Your fishing report you listed is accurate. K Can very good today. 11 to 14' of water has been very good.

Yes, large minnows, jigs with stingers.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Besse Ramps

Fenwick has great ramps and only charged (2008) $5 to launch. It is a lttle bit of a boat ride to the lake. Amberjacks also has nice ramps and charged $5 in 2008. They are very easy access to the lake. Wild Wings ramps are fairly steep and charged $10 last year.

If at alll interested we rent our condo near Wild Wings west of Port Clinton and fish are maybe a mile out in early spring.

Pics of April 2008 fish and more info at

http://toledo.craigslist.org/vac/1055552464.html

Good Luck!