Newbie perch help Newbie perch help Newbie perch help Newbie perch help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newbie perch help

Hey guys, the wife and I are heading up to Marblehead Wednesday to perch fish for a couple days. I'm new to Lake Erie fishing. I have fishing it a few times when I was younger. But, have never bought my own boat. I will be bringing my 19' Skeeter fish and ski. Are there any places close to Mazurik where we could get on some perch? Really dont want to go very far with my wife. Thanks

I would try out in front of Marblehead lighthouse

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    I would try out in front of Marblehead lighthouse
    Thanks, hopefully the winds will be in my favor.

I've been launching from Catawba public ramp and perch fishing south of Green Island. West of south bass. Was on fire couple weeks ago. I'll be there Wednesday. 🐟

Fished all around Green and Rattle Friday and Saturday with little success. We only managed 15 in two days of fishing. Think the east winds had them turned off. Had decent marks but could never get them going. Didn't see any good reports from the weekend. Tough conditions. Looks like that is going to change over the next few days. The bite should come back.

Went out Saturday south of g can. Launched out of catawba. Caught 35 in a couple hours. Bit was good. It would go in spurts. There were a lot of bots out there. Probably lost just as many as we caught. Gonna try again in a couple weeks

Thanks, how far of a run is it from Catawba to G can?

My lowrance hook2 said 6.8 miles. Not sure exactly how accurate that is. I'd say it's really close. Its northwest of catawba. 2 yellow buoys. It's the second one I was at. Tons of boats out there around it

If launching from Mazurik then try Lakeside. If from Catawba try sugar rock or Clinton reef.

Quote Originally Posted by jar11 View Post
    If launching from Mazurik then try Lakeside. If from Catawba try sugar rock or Clinton reef.
    Thanks, I was planning on trying Lakeside out. It seems pretty close to where I'll be launching from.